Please Critic my boy and girl

Thread: Please Critic my boy and girl

Devotion is offline Junior Member

DefaultPlease Critic my boy and girl

This my boy and girl, Drago and Jamilee, 10 months year old.
    I want to know your opinion from all of you about the quality comparing the breed standard. From my opinion as newbie, I just see the setting ear is to high (is this a minor or major fault), and they have long hock ( is this acceptable).
    I would like to showing them to dog show but I feel better if I know better what is the weakness and the strength, so please give me your opinion, I will open to hear a good or bad opinion from you. Thanks before...

Drago (boy)

Jamilee (girl)

Paul

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

Well I'll bite as nobody else is answering.
    I like the bitch better than the dog. What I don't like is that she has a round eye (the boy's is also a bit round) and it ruins her expression. Otherwise, she has better type and angulation than the boy although I would like to see a much better croup.
    Unlike the girl, the boy is not balanced. He is very straight in the front and his rear angulation does not match. This gives him a sloping top line and this is a dog who will swim deep which is not something we want in a labrador. His hocks are long as you say and his ear set is high, but in all honesty, he has bigger structural issues and a front like that is very, very tough to breed away from.
    In fairness, 10 months can be an awful time to look at pictures but if they were mine, I would have much higher hopes for the bitch. She has nice shoulders and carries more balance and type than the boy. I would want the next generation to have greater depth of body, a better croup, a correct eye and a tad more keel. She has a lovely headpiece and I think she might produce well for you.
    I am guessing the boy and the girl are related?
    Last edited by Fallriver; 11-04-2009 at 08:56 AM.
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

Defaultthanks

I think I'm agree with you if my girl look more balanced than my boy. Do you think straight in rear angulation because I make him over forward in the front when I make him free stand.
    Also is my boy have to short body so he look not balance.
    You are right my boy and girl is related.

Dana this my favorite forum to learn more about Labrador and you are one of my favorite mentor and I like to see your comment in every discusion. Thank you very much to your respon even like you say nobody else will answer my question.

May I know why you are sure if nobody else will not answer. It's because my Lab is below your standard or because my poor english.

Thanks again Dana.

Paul

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

This part of the board has been slow and not too many people are on it these days: that is why I didn't think you would get too many responses, not because of your dogs.
    We have to be harder on the boys because there are so many nice ones out there. In my opinion, a boy must be extremely good to keep and use.
    It's hard to tell from a picture, but I don't think your boy is that short in the back or the coupling. He is not straight in the rear at all, he is straight in the front. If you look at his whole front assembly, it is too far forward although he seems to have decent shoulders. Boys change a lot at this age, but right now I much prefer the girl, she is just more balanced.
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

Ok, thanks Dana. I'm glad you give a time to answer my question.
    I see your web and I look your labradors is very beautiful. If you don't mine I will directly contact you in your private email to see more opportunity.

Paul