Just Labradors banner

Hi everyone! I know it has been a while, but I'm back!

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  CaliforniaLabLover 
#1 ·
Things seem to have gotten pretty quiet around here...

I'm thrilled to be back in the show ring again- life has gotten in the way the past couple of years and I had been working with Monty in the field (he earned his JH and was training toward seniors) during that time but put field training on hold to save up for a wedding this October. ;)

Got a new boy, Rogue, in January, though! Long story (went to a puppy eval and came back with a gorgeous 2 year old instead)... LOL
Anyhow, he has had very limited showing but has had some nice placements- 3rd sweeps/regular classes at Potomac in his puppy classes and 2 reserves to majors, including RWD at the GGLRC specialty show October 2010. He and I have now been in the ring a couple of times- just took 1st in Open Black at the LRCSC specialty show a couple weeks ago and the day afterward he got his first point going WD under a breeder judge at a tiny local show. :)

He has also passed all of his clearances, has a wonderful temperament, has a great pedigree (I am thrilled about his strong ***** line), and he is expecting his first litter in another month or so for Guide Dogs, where I have also worked (2 jobs- I work 6 days/wk, LOL) since early 2008- I'm pretty excited to be a "grandma." :)

I realized how much I missed this, though...the dogs, the shows, the people involved. It's great to be back!

Congrats to all on your new additions and successes in and out of the show/obedience/etc. rings! :humble:

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you, both! :) Darcy- he was a wonderful find! He's such a complete lovebug, too. Definitely a dog who really appreciates life as a house dog!

Here's a quick brag- in the past 3 consecutive shows we've been to, he has picked up points. He went WD under breeder-judge Pluis Davern (Sundowner Labradors) after the LRCSC specialty show at the very end of April, WD/BOW/BOB over specials (under a judge who whelped Dickendall Arnold at his and Liz Muthard's home) at the Antelope Valley KC show (a part of southern California's Mission Circuit shows- what fun to show in groups again!), and just went WD/BOW yesterday at the Pasadena KC show. Yay!

We're having fun, for sure! Definitely learning how one another work the best in the ring, but as he gains confidence and as I remember how to show again, we're getting the hang of it. It's interesting fitting shows around my work schedule since I work Saturdays... but they're pretty good with me taking off an occasional Saturday to hit a show (like the specialty shows) where I just *have* to go. ;)

#6 ·
Just a question, I thought Pluis bred Goldens, not labs.
Pluis has bred labs, goldens, and several other sporting breeds as well, to the best of my knowledge. She judged this past October at The Labrador Retriever Club, Inc Nationals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.