Labs in Iceland :)

Thread: Labs in Iceland :)

Draumalands is offline Junior Member

DefaultLabs in Iceland with pics :)

OK here I go! Dunno how many of you know about Iceland or how our labs are here, so I decided to post few of my dogs and tell you a little bit about how it works importing dogs into Iceland Labs have been imported into Iceland from almost all over the world, from Finland, USA, UK, Sweden, Denmark, Mexico, Poland, and probably from other countries as well. We have both the show lines(English type) and the hunting lines (American type) and some pointing labradors (what ever that is..lol) ... not that many years ago the Labrador popularity here in Iceland weren't that big and today we only have about 1225 Labradors alive in Icelandic database. For the last 5 or 10 years many nice dogs have been imported from some well known kennels with some nice pedigree's. Today at every show we have about 50 and up to 75 Labs that are entered. Here in Iceland only BOS and BOB get the points (CAC)... dogs here need 3 CAC's from 3 different judges at 3 different shows to become a Champion. As we follow the FCI rules, dogs here can also earn CACIB's which is an International point. They need 4 of those to be able to become International Champions (C.I.B)...
    Our rules and regulations on importing dogs and semen are pretty strict and just an example of that, we are only allowed to import frozen semen and not chilled one. Dogs that are going to be imported into Iceland must have to undergo lots of tests and vaccinations and titer tests before getting the permission on coming into the country. We can not import pregnant bitches either. Dogs also must stay in quarantine for 28 days after their arrival to the country. Since we are rabies free country dogs coming into Iceland that are coming from countries where rabies exists have to be at least 7 months of age coming in and dogs coming from rabies free countries can come as early as 5 months. I know, many of you are probably going WTF! But thank god we have been able to import some nice dogs and there are still some breeders that might think about sending dogs into Iceland regardless to all of these rules and regulations
    Here's one of my 2 yellows. She's 2 years and 9 months on this pic... not the best stack of her I know... she's out of 2 imported dogs, sire from Sweden and dam from UK.

Here's one of my 2 yellows at 2 years and 9 months of age. She's out of 2 imported dogs from UK and Sweden:

Here's her daughter at 6 months of age:
    Last edited by Draumalands; 12-30-2010 at 08:38 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

from the other end of the planet.

I LOVE your dogs!

Thank you so much

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bearbuddymarie is offline Senior Member

welcome ! your dogs are beautiful !
    Buddy 11

bella 5

Bruno 3

patm is offline Senior Member

Gorgeous dogs!

Thank you all for your comments on my dogs

honeys dad is offline Senior Member

Stunning dogs...and for what its worth, I applaud your efforts to control the importation and breeding of the labradors. Way too many unwanted dogs everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by honeys dad View Post
    Stunning dogs...and for what its worth, I applaud your efforts to control the importation and breeding of the labradors. Way too many unwanted dogs everywhere.
    I agree, but with all of those rules and regulations the cost of importation dogs into Iceland is sooooo much higher than it really should be. Just the quarantine alone is about $2000. If we could just skip that part, many breeders from around the world would be more willing to send dogs into Iceland as many breeders don't like the idea of "their" dogs going into quarantine and staying there for 28 days. Also for the fact that many breeders have to keep dogs until it reaches the age of 5 to 7 months depending on where the dog is coming from. Many breeders simply can't or will n ot keep puppies for that long or they charge one arm and a leg for keeping them for so long... I sure hope in the nearest future this will change.. either by allowing fresh chilled semen into the country, or by allowing the importation of pregnant bitches or that the quarantine will be just few days instead of 28 days.

lisa is offline Senior Member

Gorgeous dogs