Alice Audrey and Calvin

Thread: Alice Audrey and Calvin

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

DefaultAlice Audrey and Calvin

Here are three puppies I'm running on.
    Nobody is leaving yet, but I have an idea who will be staying and who will be leaving.
    Here they are at not quite 7 months, not a good age for puppies but we got a rare day with sun so snapped a couple of quick pics

Alice (Fallriver's Big Fish X Hampton's Blue Moon)

Audrey (Bellwether Progression x Wayfield's Country Classic

Audrey's brother Calvin

Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Alice Audrey and Calvin

They're all pretty. I like the two girls better than Calvin, and, in these pictures, I like Audrie better than Alice. It may just be the way they're standing, but Audrie has a better topline and a prettier silhouette. If she's not your favorite, you can just send her to me.

Audrey goes nowhere 8) Calvin is hands down the best of the three but boys in that line take longer to mature than bitches. He just needs time to balance out. Audrey actually has a bit of a soft topline (look right behind her shoulders), something I fight with that line and Alice is very downhill right now which is wrecking hers although I'm not in love with her croup. She needs to balance out front to rear before I make a firm decision on her but they aren't much trouble so they can stay awhile.
    Dana

- Anonymous

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

I think they're all beautiful babies...especially at 7 months! I would be more than happy to run on any of them for you down here in southern California. Though right now, with the weather warming up, everyone is starting to blow coat (yikes)!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

OK. Believe me I understand that sit back and wait scenario. Mine are notorious for not being ready to show before they're about 3. You can still send Audrie this direction any day.

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

From photos, I love Alice's front construction, nice flow of her shoulder and her lovely tidy clean neck, wish the photo was better to assess her rear. She is nicely short coupled and nice bone and coat.

I find the blacks to have a few nice pieces, but not as nice a total package as that choco girl presents, I'll forgive her sloping croup. She's welcome here

Now when can I send my monster to you for photos?

Alice is stacked that way for a reason :tease:
    She is very downhill at the moment and that is the only way she is allowed to be seen 8)

I don't like her shoulders as much as the blacks and she moves like a sack of potatoes but I will be patient and grow her out a bit more. When Alice is carrying a bird, her shoulder construction makes it more difficult to bear the weight on her shoulders. The layback may change a tad as she levels out so she will stay awhile. The blacks come from a short coupled dam with a good front assembly and my goal with that breeding was to improve rears and hocks which I definitely did so I should hopefully have luck restoring coupling and fronts in the next generation and keep those rears. My criteria for who stays and goes are 1) did I get what I want from the breeding 2) can I live with what I didn't want, and 3) how do they fit in my future plans. Right now Audrey is the only one who fits the bill (because I have no idea what I will do with Calvin except enjoy showing him) but Alice is ugly right now and just needs to grow up a bit.

Dana

- Anonymous

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FallRiver
    Alice is ugly right now and just needs to grow up a bit.
    Poor Alice LOL

I hear you though.

TinaandTribe is offline Member

Nice puppies! I love Calvin and Audrey is a close second,however I would keep Alice as well she looks like she would show some promise. I think all three look GREAT at 7 months!

Tundra Aries Guest

I just wanted to say they're beautiful!!!!