Looking for male chocolate puppy -- take home end June

Thread: Looking for male chocolate puppy -- take home end June

chip 2008 is offline Junior Member

DefaultLooking for male chocolate puppy -- take home end June

We want to add a male chocolate lab to our family this summer. We're having a hard time finding a breeder that fits our narrow time frame, which is from around June 26 to the first week of July. We just want a family companion (no intention to show, compete, or breed). We are only interested in a chocolate male.

This summer will be a great time for us to adopt a puppy because one of us is completing graduate school, and we’ll be moving from our small condo to a larger house with a yard in a development with plenty of green space. I will be working mostly from home after that.

We would appreciate your help finding a breeder that would have a male chocolate lab available in that time frame. We live in Chicago and would prefer to be able to drive to get the little guy. But we are also open to having him flown to us. My email is [email protected].

Thanks for your help,

Jason

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Looking for male chocolate puppy -- take home end June

this section isn't frequented quite as often as the rest of the board. You may want to try posting in Lab Chat with your location. There are breeders and those who work in rescue on the board who can give you tips on what to look for in a breeder and even give you some leads

good luck
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

JacksAndLabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Looking for male chocolate puppy -- take home end June

Quote Originally Posted by chip 2008
    We're having a hard time finding a breeder that fits our narrow time frame, which is from around June 26 to the first week of July.
    You realize that puppies don't come off an assembly line, right? A timeframe is understandable (say summer break for teachers) but a timeframe of a week is a little unrealistic. There are also fewer breeders breeding chocolates, so you being only interested in a chocolate male will also pose problems. I'd suggest checking with the breeder directories through www.winnebagolrc.com, www.badgerlrc.com and www.huronriverlrc.com but I'd also suggest either being a bit more flexible or rethinking your situation. Good luck!
    ~Nicole<br />Grand Ledge, MI<br /><br />