Armadillo Testing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armadillo Testing

Armadillo is offline Member

DefaultArmadillo Testing

There has been some interest in us providing additional samples for testing.* We do not wish to dissappoint anybody, but we cannot provide an unlimited number of samples for testing.* Therefore, we have come up with a bit of a contest, and we will provide 3 samples for testing.

The rules are simple:

Post on this thread the number of dogs you have

The age(s) of your dog(s)

A short description of what you will do to test our products

That you will share the results of the testing on this forum, whether your personal results are good, bad or indifferent

And please confirm that you will not leave any of our products with your dog as they are meant for retrieving fun and not meant to be left as a chew toy.

We will pick the winners sometime in the next 10 days.

Thank you all and thank you JustLabradors for giving us this opportunity.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

photog1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Armadillo Testing

We have one dog, Prince. He is 3 months old and a Chocolate Lab. I have a real problem at times being in the early stages of training of finding something that will be good for him to retrieve and that will hold his interest. From what I have read so far, your bumpers could very well be that tool to use.

I have a number of parks to take him to and when the time comes there a number of lakes, ponds and creeks/rivers I can take him to for his intro to water. One of my main interests in having Prince besides companionship is to go with me on my occasional photo trip to outdoor areas. He may not be shown for conformance, or field trials, but I do have an interest in some of the lab sports when he is older. I see your product as a very usefull training tool for that end.

I would be more than happy to write reviews on your product and our enjoyment of it as we progress in our own training. I have seen other flotation type products in stores, but so far your product looks to be a better buy from price/appearance points.

<br /><br /><br /><br />

OOPS

I need to add that you must live in one of the 48 contiguous United States to be a winner.

Sorry about that, but the freight charges could get extreme.

Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

I have Rhys, a 5 year old field bred male and Ruby a 18 month show bred female.

Rhys is very hard on fetch toys, he is hard mouthed to the extreme. He has been trained on bumpers to SH but real birds? eek.

Ruby is just starting field training, so far she is more soft. I hope to get at least a JH on her.

They play tuggy alot together. Not with working toys, but anything in the house they can get their mouths on...

We're not trying to get anything free LOL I would buy some, I just don't think that they will last with the two of them.

It seems there is no need to wait any longer. We have the three winners, the only three that posted a reply. As soon as we have addresses, we will send samples out for testing.

Thanks

photog1 is offline Senior Member

Yayyy!! Our address has been sent, Forrest. We will be anxiously awaiting whatever you may send us to try out.
    <br /><br /><br /><br />

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Hope you guys enjoy whatever he sends ya. Ender LOVES his barber shop pole thingy... I think 'cause he knows we are going to the beach... he doesn't get to chew on it and it's held up great... a little sandy
    ~Lindsay

2LabsInNEPA Guest

Oh, man! I missed this!!! I hope you guys enjoy testing the products!!!

Now I have to explain to Daisy and Charlie why I wasn't on the ball here. I bet they are going to be mad at me!!! >

We will wait and see the results of the testing. If everybody is pleased, then we may have to do some type of a promotion for members of Just Labradors. If the results are not so good, then I doubt that any type of promotion will interest the members in our products.

Whatever the results of the testing, we look forward to reading them.

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

Well, Rhys and Ruby had their fun today with the toys you graciously sent...and all in all, they held up pretty well!

We went to a friend's training pond, they only played with the one big duck and one bumper. Each for about 1/2 hour.

They both have a few pretty good chunks taken out of them, but still float and the dogs are still into them.

The big duck is too big for Ruby's (show bred girl) mouth, so she graciously let her brother carry it by the body and held the string to bring it to me.

When I order some, I will have to get the smaller birds. The bumper was fine, and the big duck was ok for Rhys' big old mouth though he did manage to puncture it some.

Of note, while I was investigating them, some of the white paint came off on my hand...not sure if that is normal wear or not, I just hope it is non-toxic, as it was in the dogs mouths, so I assume it is.

I took pictures, but will get them off the camera when I get home.

Tomorrow is their real test. I convinced a FT trainer to try it with his young dog. The chessie gets to train with it.

Will update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast