Just Labradors banner

Water In crate

735 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  fulloflove 
#1 ·
Should puppy's have water in there crate?
Here is our schedule

6am wake up (i get ready for work) - Outside to potty and back in to eat and drink
6:30am back out to potty (no food or water)
11am outside to potty & play (water)
4pm outside to potty & play
from 4pm till 8pm he has full access to water
6pm outside to potty, back in to eat supper
10:30-11pm outside to potty then back inside for bed (no water in crate)

#3 ·
I just give my puppy water in her bowl on an as needed basis. That is to say whenever I think she should ahve some. I read they need 1 oz per day per weeks old. Don't know if it is true though.
I just give her water in small amounts frequently thoughout the day. What goes in comes out-LOL

#5 ·
I think your routine sounds fine. As long as you don't withhold water for long periods she should be ok. If she is out of her crate she should have free access to water because she will want to drink the more she is moving around. In the crate she should be sleeping.

#7 ·
Another thing is a puppy's poo suppose to be runny?
That depends. Poop can be 'runny' for a number of reasons. Increased activity, warm weather, eating something nasty. It is easy to upset a puppies stomach. However, poop should not be runny all the time. It should be solid. If it is runny all the time I would take a closer look at her diet and any treats you are feeding.

#8 ·
we are slowly moving her from her breeders food to royal canin puppy 32, my vet also gave me a free bag of LB eukanuba. should i try another week on the royal canin (tomorrow will be her day of mixture of breeders food and royal canin)?

#9 ·
MarlansMum said:
I have never put water in Marlan's crate. He is fine. I was told that you shouldn't do this because they will have to pee more. Also, he might just spill it all over the crate!
He does spill it, he puts his paws in it and knocks it over and sits in it and I have to clean it up so I told his daddy(clear) to stop putting it in there lol so now we put it in front of the crate and he does much better. Knock on wood, he has done very well in his crate and holding it. He only peed in the house once and I think both of us (his parents) have established a firm potty area in the backyard, yay!!! His poop isn't runny everytime, but he eats leaves and grass when he is playing outside and anything else he can get too, he is like a vacuum cleaner!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.