Indoor/Outdoor Dogs - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indoor/Outdoor Dogs

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Indoor/Outdoor Dogs

Here's what I do if I'll be gone for a few hours. I have an X-pen that I attach to Sami's crate. I use that to give her more space -- that way she can either be in the crate or or in the x-pen. I have never had a problem with this method and I like the fact that it allows her some freedom to move around.

amiee.at.holmes is offline Junior Member

DefaultSuccess with your outdoor kennel run?

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey24 View Post
    Have a question for anyone that has their dog indoors & outdoors:* We just got Bailey this past week, so she's been inside (kitchen) since we brought her home (sleeping on her kennel in the kitchen at night), but eventually when she's bigger we will be putting her in an outside kennel run while we are at work during the day so she has more room to play then in the house.*

Just wondering how other's made the transition from inside to outside & any good tips in doing it.* We're planning on playing with her out there to get her used to it awhile before we actually keep her in there, but any other tips would be apprciated!!*

Thnx!
    Hi There! We have two active male labs, and a new house with a lot of land. I am wondering if you've used an outdoor kennel run yet? And if so, do you like it? I think and large kennel for our boys could be really good for them, especially since we have a lot of land. I wanted another opinion before committing.

This is a builder that is local to us. Do you have an outdoor kennel like these? Dog Houses | Dog Houses For Sale | Large Dog Kennels
    If so, which size works best for you? Any other advice?

Thanks!

amiee.at.holmes is offline Junior Member

DefaultIndoor/Outdoor Lovers

I don't know about you guys, but my boys love nothing more than being outside. I agree that keeping them in an outdoor kennel is not the best idea when you're not around or if you're using it as a way to get them out of your hair. But both of my labs want nothing more than to be outside. The older one, Cash, would probably rather be lazy inside. But Rocco would spend all day in our outdoor dog kennel if he could. We live in a fairly rural area, so we found that a kennel run was the best solution to keep the boys happy, but also safe. And after they spend some time outside, they end up curling up on the couch and snoring away inside anyway!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12