Please help!!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please help!!

jscottnjs is offline Junior Member

DefaultPlease help!!

Hi i have an 8 year old male black lab which i have had for 6 years he is a brilliant dog. Every now and then he will dig the smallest of holes if he has been left alone for a long time (when i go to work) I take him for a walk and again this is only every now and then. Last week i adopted a 11 month old male gold lab. I went out for an hour and came back to the biggest hole you can image that went under the shed. I 8 year old was coveredd in sand and looking very guilty. I have not caught them in the act but am at my wits end after 3 day in a row i have now had to fence them off from the grass which is less than ideal. any ideas or help would be amazing

TReischl is offline Junior Member

Sounds to me like they are having a great time!

They want to see the shed tip over and fall in the big hole they dug.

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Sounds to me like the 8 yo was supervising the excavation, and caught the brunt of the sand. My suggestion if you are expecting 2 labs left alone for extended times to be happy, you consider pouring a concrete slab and building a nice covered kennel for them. Depending on where you live, it's awfully warm if they are left out w/o shade, so maybe they were just seeking a cool, shady spot for themselves...
    Welcome to Labrador antics though. I have 7 currently and you should see the nice holes they can excavate when trying to catch gophers and mice in my field! Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

+ Reply to Thread