Lab puppy bath time
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lab puppy bath time

Feb
    Feb is offline Junior Member

DefaultLab puppy bath time

Hello again..i have a problem with my lab puppy..we all know that lab likes water but my puppy charlie have a problem with it..i bathed him and everthing goes well but when i try to rinse him he suddenly bark with a deeper voice and when i tried to calm him down he tried to bite me..i wonder whats the problem..please help..

Annabellam is offline Member

The most important thing to do is to associate bath time with something positive. Try giving treats or toys to play around with in the bathing area way before you start the process. Reward his good behaviour. It is good that he is still a puppy and with time it will learn to associate bath time with positive rewards. Again, get all the things that you need to use ready in advance to minimize the time you spend bathing him. You could also add a few drops of lavender oil into the water, this will really help in calming him down.

Feb

Thank you for that advise..it's a bit scary for me and don't know what to do since we started like he was really happy at first but when we are about to rinse him to remove the soap he started to bark and bite..i don't know if treats will work..

4. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

yellowbelly is offline Senior Member

Most labs don't need baths unless they are DIRTY. Like mine had a potty accident and was covered in poop. That was the ONLY bath she had in 6 months.

Annabellam is offline Member

Yeah probably just minimize the number of baths to the times when he's been outdoor and is especially dirty. The only other thing i could think of is that he loves the water too much he wants to stay in? Does he swim?

yellowbelly is offline Senior Member

Baths are different than swimming.

Feb

The vet advised me to give him a bath since he saw skin rashes in his armpit..im pretty sure that my lab doesnt know that we are done from bath and just need to give him a final rinse to remove the soap..so im really frustrated and don't know how to deal with it..i guess i'll just try to give him chew bones to get him distracted..thanks guys..by the way i still never got the chance to let him swim i dont wanna rush him coz i dont want him to be afraid of the lake and deep waters..

jertom is offline Senior Member

I'm confused- how old is this puppy? what are you trying to rinse him with? he may be afraid of what you're using, hose? use a bowl or something different.
    are you getting upset? they'll sense that and get upset also.

Feb

He's 3 months..he got this rashes and dandruff and loosing his hair in those spoylts where he have rashes and dandruff he always scratch that's why my vet check those areas to see if they are parasites luckily it's negative to parasites so he suspect it as fungal infection and gave me a soap..what do you think?

Feb

I mean *spots*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast