Pup attacking cat?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pup attacking cat?

Cowabunga is offline Junior Member

DefaultPup attacking cat?

My 14 week pup constantly play attacks our cat. Occasionally it will start with him licking him but then he starts biting his ear. The cat cries and hisses and will swat the pup and run away. Puppy then chases and barks at cat when cat jumps to safey. Cat will then swat puppy.

Not only is it very stressful but I'm very worried that cat will scratch the puppy in his eye! What should I do?

I've been attempting "leave it" (which he knows with treats quite well) and spraying a water bottle (his puppy class trainer said to put Listerine in a water bottle and spray it into his mouth when he's attacking cat).

yellowbelly is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't put Listerine in the water but I suppose if you do, you do a major dilution of water and Listerine.

I would let the cat escape and then put the puppy on a lead and teach him settle at your side.

Cowabunga is offline Junior Member

I never know what's safe or not. The trainer I go to suggested it. One of the other labs in the class doesn't respond to the Listerine even in high concentrations (he seems to like it), so she poured some Listerine in a small paper cup down his throat!! Is this safe?? Was a little alarming for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    I never know what's safe or not. The trainer I go to suggested it. One of the other labs in the class doesn't respond to the Listerine even in high concentrations (he seems to like it), so she poured some Listerine in a small paper cup down his throat!! Is this safe?? Was a little alarming for me.
    the TRAINER recommended this? I am sorry but if a trainer even recommended or s suggested that I would be saying goodbye and finding a new trainer ASAP. that's awful and is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRAINING. that's really terrible.

+ Reply to Thread