Big Problem......
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Problem......

Chance is offline Member

Default Big Problem......

Chance is now 3 months old and is doing great. BUT he doesn't like me, i have no clue what to do or what I did!!!! He always seems to be avoiding me. He doesn't like to lay by me or ever want to play with me. If i go up to him i can do anything to him and he doesn't care, but he just never seems to be happy around me. With my girlfriend its a total different story.....he is all over her.
    I just don't know what to do......when I tell him to come he just looks at me and when my g/f tells him to come he gets all excited and comes right to her. Chance does listen when I say: no, sit, lay down, and drop he listens. I just wish he was like a puppy with me, i want him to annoy me ;D
    Is there anything i can do to make like me more??? I want him to be happy around me and he just doesn't seem like it. This is really bothering me!!! Please Help!!!

threelabs is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Big Problem......

Go out and have some fun with him - take him on a flexi for a walk in the woods. Maybe you are giving off vibes that he doesn't like - dogs sense stress or anxiousness. Read the book "The other end of the leash' by Patricia McConnell. He may be picking up signals from you that you don't even know you are giving.

Lab Tales is offline Senior Member

Who feeds/walks him? My puppy acts differently around me than she does around my boyfriend but I think it's because I feed and walk her.
    Laura &amp; John<br />Adama - 6 months old<br />

Chance is offline Member

We both feed and walk him. We take turns, in the idea that he will act the same with the both of us.........but doesn't seem to work. I just want him to be loving towards me.

Chance is offline Member

Any other ideas guys..........???

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Uh... how does he act when you are alone with him? Sometimes Ender gravitates towards me.... and there are lots of times where he gravitates towards my boyfriend. If he's in a cuddle mood, he knows I'll oblige him... if he's in a "play wrestle" mode he knows my boyfriend is up for that all the time.
    ~Lindsay

Chance is offline Member

When it is just him and I he is always off by himself sleeping or playing. He never comes to me to cuddle or play..........and it drives me nuts!

Not all dogs are cuddlers... some can be quite aloof. Ender only sometimes lays at our feet... some times he prefers his crate... sometimes he's under the kitchen table...

Does he show any signs of fear when you come near him?

Have you tried using a higher pitched sing-songy voice when praising him? Puppies do respond differently to different tones of voice...

I'm grasping at straws here... perhaps we need more information from your end.
    ~Lindsay

Chance is offline Member

He never runs from or anything but he can never look me in the eyes. When i want to cuddle with him i need to pick him up and hold him. But that only last a few mins and off he goes somewhere by him self. He seems to be shy or something with me.

I have tried using a higher pitched voice and that didn't really seem to make a difference.

I really don't know what to do.............for some reason this is really bothering me. Thanks for helpin out Ender's mom.

Let me know if there is any other info you want from my end.....i just don't what else to say.

Ok... DEFINITELY read "The Other End of the Leash" by Patricia McConnell... it's not boring I promise and not that long. Just read one chapter at a time... it will help you understand your dog's body language.

I am NO expert but that book REALLY helped me learn how dogs display their feelings completely differently from the way we might expect.

I *think* the eye contact thing is a submissive gesture...
    ~Lindsay

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast