Hi everyone. I adopted a Lab yesterday, Scout, he's about 5 years old. Three of my cats are okay with dogs, so after a cautious introduction, they were fine sharing their space with him. However, my fourth cat (who incidentally was declawed by his previous owner) sort of tiptoes around Scout. All of a sudden, the cat took off and Scout started chasing him. They knocked over the Christmas tree and everyone involved was terrified. I was in tears, and still am, lol.

I know my mistake was not keeping Scout tethered to me for a while, and I will do that in the future, though he is a big guy and I'm not quite sure how to do it.

ANYWAY, my concern is that I will not be able to stop Scout from chasing Buddy when he runs (or my other cats, when they get the 'crazies'). I plan on enrolling him in obedience classes as soon as there is an opening. I've already picked out a reputable trainer.

Does anyone have any 'reformed' cat chasers? I'm not going to blame a dog for 'being a dog' but I would love to hear some success stories. I'm feeling discouraged at the moment.