Just Labradors banner

Puppy While at work

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Tanya 
#1 ·
As you have read Debbie and I will be getting anouther puppy soon. What does everyone do with there puppy while at work?
We both work from around 8 to 4. I can go home at lunch and let him out. Thats what we did last with Hunter. He was in the crate while at work and i would go home and let him out.

Would love to hear what others are doing?

#3 ·
When we got Laci I was fortunate enough to be able to take her to my parent's place during the day. We drove into the city every day and I dropped her off there and went to work. I would stop by everyday for lunch. My previous dogs I always crated and the kids would be home early or for lunch to let them out.

So I would say crate and let out at lunch.

#5 ·
Family and friends are the best bet if they are attentive. My pup will be here this weekend and he'll be with my retired father during the week when I work. They nap a lot the first month or so but after that they get a more active so if you can find someone that can do a short walk during the day or doggie day care type facility it helps with the energy drainage. :)

#6 ·
I do that, crate and I come home for lunch each day. Nibbs is now about 1 3/4 years though so he does not have to be crated anymore most of the time when i go to work. I still make him go into his crate for a treat before I go to work but I leave the door open and give him access to several of the rooms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.