What brand of food do you feed your dog?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What brand of food do you feed your dog?

Bailey's Mom is offline Senior Member

Default What brand of food do you feed your dog?

Bailey has been on pro plan since the breeder started her on it, but I was doing some research and noticed that maybe pro plan isn't what I want her to be on. I like Wellness and Blue Buffalo. Blue Buffalo's ingredient list has tons of natural fruit, vegetables and no meat by products which I noticed pro plan does have. I asked the vet what they thought about me switching her onto Blue Buffalo and they said Pro Plan is a great food. I'm not saying it isn't but when I compared the ingredients to pro plan and blue buffalo side by side blue buffalo came out on top with no comparison. What do you think? What do you feed your dogs?

BAILEY 10/1/10

bbqmaster is offline Junior Member

pro plan puppy big dog

deidra is offline Senior Member

we use Purina dog chow and Purina puppy chow. we also have a pet food maker right down the road so id something happens im going there to get my dog food.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

Spike's Mom is offline Senior Member

Why Pro plan, of course Just be careful with those foods for the sole reason that the veggies might be hard for them to digest right now. Wellness is a "strong" food even the puppy formula. I may switch to Wellness - one reason is that the store up the street carries it (and I do believe it's a better food) but if I've ever given Spike a little bit of canned as a mix-in the carrots come out in the same form they went in. On a side note - He had a few blueberries yesterday - kept him busy for a little bit

Nancy

Mom to Spike & Tiller

lisa is offline Senior Member

Gracie and Lola are on Pinnacle Holistic Chicken and Oat. Is Bailey doing good on the pro plan, no problems??? If so why change? Gracie and Lola do not do well on Wellness at all, I think it may be to rich for them, they get really loose stools on it. I likes Wellness years ago, when I had my first lab Casey, but then they change formula's...not sure if another company owns them now, but I didn't like the fact that they were always changing the food...just my opinion though.

bett is offline Senior Member

half raw.
    half kirkland chicken kibble (costco's brand)

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

Mine has been on Wellness (large breed puppy formula) for quite a while and has done very well on it. I'm figuring I'll keep him on it for another couple months before switching him again. I'm looking at possible Orijen or TOTW at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike's Mom View Post
    Why Pro plan, of course Just be careful with those foods for the sole reason that the veggies might be hard for them to digest right now. Wellness is a "strong" food even the puppy formula. I may switch to Wellness - one reason is that the store up the street carries it (and I do believe it's a better food) but if I've ever given Spike a little bit of canned as a mix-in the carrots come out in the same form they went in. On a side note - He had a few blueberries yesterday - kept him busy for a little bit

Yeah ill be careful. Did spike play with the blueberry for a half hour before he ate it? Lol. Bailey loves playing with them before she eats it. Yeah wellness is good too. If you switch when do you think you will?

BAILEY 10/1/10

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    Gracie and Lola are on Pinnacle Holistic Chicken and Oat. Is Bailey doing good on the pro plan, no problems??? If so why change? Gracie and Lola do not do well on Wellness at all, I think it may be to rich for them, they get really loose stools on it. I likes Wellness years ago, when I had my first lab Casey, but then they change formula's...not sure if another company owns them now, but I didn't like the fact that they were always changing the food...just my opinion though.

She is doing well, but I would like to change because when comparing pro plan to blue buffalo or wellness pro plan doesn't do well. There is by product in pro plan which I really don't like. Plus blue buffalo has so many more healthy ingredients than pro plan. I just want my dog on a really healthy food

BAILEY 10/1/10

Spike's Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey's Mom View Post
    Yeah ill be careful. Did spike play with the blueberry for a half hour before he ate it? Lol. Bailey loves playing with them before she eats it. Yeah wellness is good too. If you switch when do you think you will?
    Yeah That was the best part If i switch it will probably be around a year.

Nancy

Mom to Spike & Tiller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast