The loss of our Chocolate lab
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The loss of our Chocolate lab

LoriT is offline Junior Member

DefaultThe loss of our Chocolate lab

We just lost our dog about 3 weeks ago. He was a beautiful chocolate lab with a personality to match! I am still in shock as to how quick we lost him. He did not show any signs of illness and then one afternoon he just collapsed!!!! My husband and I rushed him to his vet and after el valuation we were told that he had severe internal bleeding from a ruptured tumor! He had cancer in his spleen, pancrease and liver! I am still in amazement that he never acted sick! We had doc for 11 years! He was quite babied!!!!! I miss him so much!!! There is a genuine bond that you form with a senior pet! What I find myself thinking about the most is how well he knew us and how well we knew and trusted him! I truly believe that he had a sixth sense and I never questioned it! There will never be another DOC. I think about him every day and wish that i could hold him just one more time! He was my rock! Such a wise and smart dog!* Time goes by so quickly! But i know that he had a charmed life and we our lives were blessed to have him in our family! My 2 year old is still asking about him! He told me yesterday that he wanted Doc to come back to us! I told him that Doc went to live with God and his angels! He really doesn't understand! He just misses his dog!

[attachment deleted by admin]

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The loss of our Chocolate lab

I'm so sorry for your loss. Doc was such a handsome boy. Yes, you are so right the seniors are VERY special and they are never with us long enough.

Won't someone please feed me!

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved Doc. :'( He was such a beautiful boy. You have so right the bounds we share with our seniors are soooo special. Please post more pictures of him when you feel ready for it.

Run free sweet Doc, run free...
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

4. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Caseys Mom Guest

Your Doc was a very striking looking fellow and I'm sure he knew how much you and your family loved him. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Run free, sweet Doc.

hark67 is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry for you loss. These wonderful dogs are never here long enough.

It sounds like Doc had the same thing my Huckle had...hemangiosarcoma. He was running around one day and gone the next. I know the sadness you must be feeling. Hugs to you and your family. I'd love to see more pictures of your handsome boy all dressed up with that bib of white.

Run free, Doc.

Missing you, my friend.
    Huckle 1/9/1992 - 4/25/2006

LoriT is offline Junior Member

Yes,Doc did have hemangiosarcoma. And he did not show any signs prior to the day he passed away! I am thankful that he id not suffer. I would not have wanted him to. I am just overwelmed how hard his passing has been on this family! I cry everyday at different times throughout the day. Is this normal?

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

So sorry for your loss- can't speak for others but seem's normal to me- when I lost my 11 yr. old American eskimo "Aspen" I cried like I had lost a close member of my family- and you know what I had! Please be patient with yourself, the hurt will get less, and the memories will soon bring smiles to your face---take care, your in my thoughts-- Sammi's mom--Diana

Andi is offline Senior Member

That is so sad. I'm sorry for your loss. Doc was a beautiful dog! And he sounds like he was just wonderful to have around.
    <br /><br /><br /><br />Happy Holidays!! ~Andi, Hank, &amp; Harli

imported_Ninemiler is offline Senior Member

We also lost our chocolate lab to hemangiosarcoma, and it came on as suddenly as it did with Doc. Kreeger was running around enjoying the hills, and then she was down. We had the mass surgically removed and then learned about her poor prognosis. We opted against chemo since she was almost 12 at that point. Instead, we put her on a natural diet with supplements, and despite the horrible prognosis, we enjoyed her for another 10 wonderful months. During that time she hiked, swam and enjoyed her last summer of Montana sunshine. We were very in tune with her, and I know she didn't feel any pain. When the tumor came back, we knew it was time.

That dog was my heart and I still think about her daily. In understand how hard it is without Doc, and I feel for you. You'll know when it's the right time to bring another dog into the family. We've had a number of rescue Labs since Kreeger, and we've loved them all...but Kreeger was my once-in-a-lifetime dog.
    <br /><br />&quot;My little dog -- a heartbeat at my feet.&quot;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; --Edith Wharton

polark13 is offline Senior Member

i'm sorry for the loss of beautiful Doc - he is so handsome. It sounds like what happened to our 11 year old yellow, Yukon last February - absolutely devestating and I'm still far from over it. Run free sweet Doc...
    <br />Ellis (brown) &amp; Yukon (yellow) - Sadly, we helped Ellis &quot;move along&quot; on Feb 22, 2007 at age 15 1/2 - and Yukon died suddenly on Feb 1st, 2006 - 4 days before his 11th birthday.&nbsp; We are devestated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast