Labs that are getting up there in age - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Labs that are getting up there in age

Ckeller is offline Junior Member

DefaultJake the lovable 11 year old

My boy is 11 and he's awesome. I have no complaints other than he has me wrapped around finger. He tries to not listen on occasion but then he gives in and does as he's told. Inside he's still a puppy and has the energy of a much younger dog. He's great around the others (1 dog and 2 cats). He'll try to lay in my arms and snuggle like the cats do (which I love) but he looks ridiculous doing it.

Dog Paddle is offline Senior Member

I've double checked twice, yup, you really did say 5. 5 is getting up there in age? 5 years old? Well in that case I wish you ten years or more of "up there."

Seriously, maybe Sandy is hurting somewhere if he's taking his time to go out. Does that include getting up from lying down? If you think a 5 year old is acting like an old dog I wonder if he should see his Vet?

KSDeputy is offline Junior Member

I love the awesome photos of everyone's labs !! It is so great to see them, makes me realize even more how lucky we are to have them. Our black lab is getting on in years. My wife can do much more with her, being younger than I am. It's no wonder she goes nuts when Momma gets home. We still take our daily walks when the weather is nice. When we first got her from rescue, we recognized right away that she had a serious separation anxiety issue. She and another dog had been with their previous owner most of the time. When my wife left for work, she was fine if I was home with her. When I had to leave also, for doctor's appointments etc., she couldn't handle being alone, so she acted out. She would get into food and scatter it all over the house. Now we hide the food, and the vet said to give her three antihistamine capsules. She sleeps while I am gone now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KSDeputy is offline Junior Member

Our black lab Sabbath had a bath today. We know the next time we go out for a walk she will roll in the grass. I cannot understand why they don't want to stay clean like I do, but then I am not a dog. She is so smart and sensitive. If I am trying to do something, and it doesn't go right and I start cussing, she thinks I am angry with her. So when I settle down a bit, I always go give her some loving, reassure her, tell her I wasn't yelling at her. Do others have labs that are this sensitive? She is an excellent watchdog. We live in the middle of 8.6 acres, roads on two sides. If someone runs by on the road and she is outside, she starts barking. If the driveway alarm goes off she starts barking. One day we were out walking and a guy was mowing his yard across the road from us and she started barking. She guards her domain and then some. She won't bite but no one knows that but me and a few friends. To anyone else that comes along she will tear them apart. That is just how we like it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12