Totem 16 1/2 years now...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Totem 16 1/2 years now...

totiegirl is offline Senior Member

DefaultTotem 16 1/2 years now...

Totem is now 16 1/2 years she's doing really well for such an old girl. She's now on tablets for her arthritis in her back legs but she's doing amazingly well, still a very happy girl, she loves her food and a couple of walks around the garden everyday other than that she sleeps all day. We watched Marley and me the other night omg that was so sad : ( I thought it would be a good way to let my girls (9, 7,6 1/2 & 5 yrs old) understand what would happen with Totem soon and help prepare them for our lose. I can't believe she has lived this long the vet says she's the dog that keeps on living....that makes me happy but I know she'll be going soon and that breaks my heart....anyways see how happy she is still ....

Last edited by totiegirl; 04-25-2012 at 07:29 PM.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

She is beautiful! 16 + is amazing and I pray I get somewhere close to that with the quality of life you describe with my 2. Her face is so pretty!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Thank you!! ... sorry the picture was so large to start with I had to resize it...with my non techno brain was a wee bit hard...lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tismom is offline Senior Member

She's a lovely, happy girl in that picture. Here's to many more very good days, months, and years with her.

Titan--Chocolate 4/15/01
    Moses--Yellow 10/12/09

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

Oh my goodness - she is GORGEOUS!! She looks like such a happy girl - so glad to hear that she still enjoys life. Hoping that my Gin makes it to 16+ years as well - she'll be 15 in August!

bearbuddymarie is offline Senior Member

I am happy your pics are big, Totem is BEAUTIFUL!
    I love the old soulful eyes, congrats for 16 1/2 !
    Out of curiosity, what do you feed her, and what
    vaccines has she been given ?
    Buddy 11

bella 5

Bruno 3

patm is offline Senior Member

She is just beautiful - you can tell she lived a really loved, wonderful life.

thank you!!
    Totie is just the sweetest and most polite Labby I've ever known...now Miss Cade is the complete opposite, the most naughtiest & rudest Labby I've known...lol
    I've always fed my girls a raw food diet with lots of chicken necks, wings etc and raw beef bones, no real reason just that I hated serving them can food and couldn't afford vet biscuits. A few months ago Totem's weight dropped from 28kg to 24kg so I knew I had to change her diet, she's never been a fat Lab, her usual adult weight was around 30kg. Our vet says she's the oldest large breed dog she's treated and she thinks that's because she stayed slim. Our vet decided to put Totie on Royal Canine Mobility for large dogs which she thought would help her weight come back up and help with the arthritis. It's been a few months and her weight is now around 27-28 and she's having less trouble getting up but still seems to struggle sitting down...poor baby. Totie has only had her puppy shots and then I missed lots of years as I couldn't afford them until our vet said she was getting old and needed extra protection...Im still not sure if I've done the right thing, but she has Carprofen (Rimadyl I think) for her arthritis, heartworm and is wormed regularly. It's hard knowing exactly what to do with your Labs...I really have no idea...lol... but somehow Totie is doing well and is getting ready to go run over the rainbow bridge so Im just making her comfortable until she tells me it's time to go.

bearbuddymarie is offline Senior Member

thanks for the reply, I think it is very interesting you have only fed raw,
    and she only had puppy shots ! I think that may have alot to do with her
    advanced age ! Plus, keeping her thin, congrats !
    Buddy 11

bella 5

Bruno 3

Samson is offline Senior Member

You are blessed !

She is beautiful and you should and hopefully will rejoice in a wonderful long loved life !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast