my 12 yr old lab Tasha has bone cancer :(
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my 12 yr old lab Tasha has bone cancer :(

Tasha is offline Junior Member

Defaultmy 12 yr old lab Tasha has bone cancer :(

I thought she had arthritis, she ws put on Deramax then they added Tramadol twice a day but she was still limping....today I took her to the vet and they took xrays cos she found it unusual that the pain and limping was still so pronounced on these meds. So she has cancer in her right shoulder....her back legs are very weak and she falls over....she doesnt think she will last a month cos her bone can break and it can spread to her lungs. She has added Gabapentin pain killers to make her last days easier....I had to have help putting her in the van and now she barely walks, she has a hard time going up and down the steps of the deck to do her business. I have to make the appointment to send her to doggie heaven and to join her best friend Chloe...I cried so much, the vet is awesome, she hugged me twice and sat on the floor with her while I paid. This is heartbreaking, I cant believe I will no longer have her around. Im having a hard time with this, but I dont want her to suffer much longer...she told me to spend quality time with her for now, give her treats and take lots of pics.

Dio's mama is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry that you're going through this! Hugs and prayers to give you strength.
    Gabrielle
    Dio (Best Bud since July 18th, 2009)
    Kaity (Sweetheart since April 29th, 2012)

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I am heartfully sorry. I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers. We lost our 12 yr old in May. It was sudden and we didn't even get to say goodbye. I can honestly relate to how you are feeling. Maggie was my heart dog. I still miss her terribly. We got Sophie in June at 8 weeks old. She has been a god-send and has helped us through our grief. I wish I had words to help you, but nothing much helps does it?

Pam
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

4. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry - hang in there ...
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do. H. Keller

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry.........prayers for strength and comfort.

deidra is offline Senior Member

i am so sorry! hang in there
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry. It is never easy. We just lost Molly this past May to lymphoma, she was 8 1/2. We never have them long enough. We make this hard decision because we love them so much & do not want to see them suffer. Please take care. Your girl knows she is loved.

bett is offline Senior Member

i am so sorry.

tismom is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry. Comforting thoughts for you and Tasha.

Titan--Chocolate 4/15/01
    Moses--Yellow 10/12/09

Tasha is offline Junior Member

DefaultShe's gone.....

After my Saturday visit to the vet when I found out she had bone cancer, she hurt her leg really bad on Sunday. She was trying to get up and must have pulled a muscle in it. She could no longer walk on it at all, her front leg would drag along and with her back legs weak from arthritis, I would end up having to pick her up to carry her back in the house.I took her on Monday night, I brought my two older kids cos they were there from the beginning with her, they are 21 and 24. My vet was off that day but I asked if they would call her, she came in specially for Tasha...it was very moving to me that she cared that much to come in on her day off to do this for us. My son carried her in and we sat on the floor with her as they injected her. She wagged her tail until her last breath, the vet said she has never seen a dog in obvious pain have such a nice disposition to the end. All three of us cried as we held her, it was very very hard. I miss her soooo much, she was such a big presence literally in our home. I still say goodbye to her every morning as I leave for work...cant make myself stop.....On thursday I went in to pick up her paw print, my vet was there and she hugged me....I started crying again and she had cut out a very special poem for me.....they also sent me a card with a picture similar to Tasha and some very kind words. Anyway just wanted to share my last day with Tasha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast