My Senior Lab has a Enormous Tumor on her side.. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Senior Lab has a Enormous Tumor on her side..

Christie& Bailey is offline Junior Member

Please Pray for my Bailey, as we were awaiting her appt at 9 am this morning, the tumor has ruptured in the middle of the night and she was rushed to the hospital, she was bleeding badly...The surgeons say it will cost thousands to save her, they are not sure she can take the anestesia but will do the test to determine if she can..ALready just to bring her in to the hospital at 2 am and put a bandage was $1000.00 SHe is not internally bleeding, which is good and she is not in any pain..Thank God..Please keep Bailey in your prayers...Thank you so much..

brody is offline Senior Member

you are all in my thoughts
    hang in there
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do. H. Keller

CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

Poor thing. She's in my prayers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry. That was your biggest worry that it would rupture. It just seems like sometimes we just don't know what to do. It is so hard.

DefaultThank YOu

[QUOTE=rivertrout;1639132]We have taken many tumors like this off very old dogs. Like already mentioned if bloodwork is done and is good, and heart is healthy, there is no reason she will not make it thru surgery. If its as large as it sounds, it wil

Thanks so much..She did amazing through the surgery and the tumor is all gone! I will await the biopsy results, they feel they git all of it and it should not come back... Thanks for all your help, you words were VERY comforting.... Christie

Update on Bailey.... First, thank you all for taking the time to write me..All of your words were so comforting... When we arrived yesterday, the doctors said she has lost alot of blood, and is quite weak..we had two choices either undergo the surgery righta way or put her to sleep..My response was of course to go aheaad with the $3200.00 surgery...Because Bailey was almost 14, dr's said it was our call, and even if the tumor is removed, it is most likely cancer and she may only have 3- 6 months to live... In my heart , I do not feel this is cancer, and even though my husband was complaining of the money and how she is 14 and thats quite old in human years...etc, etc...I told him, it doesnt matter, I will NOT put the love of my life to sleep, and if he even thought of this as a possibilty, I would have HIM put to sleep at 90 years old..!! So , Bailey Did AMAZING through the surgery, Dr's were able to get the whole tumor removed and that she was like a new dog... I was beyond ecstatic, since I cried all day, and waiting for her through the surgery, was so horrible..I am so grateful for the success with the DR's and I hope and pray she will be continue to get stronger and stronger... The bond we share with our pets is so amazing, and I have to tell you that each and every one of you helped me so much!! Thanks again and again...Sincerely Christie

bett is offline Senior Member

hoping for continued good health.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12