The old girl is hurting and so am I - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The old girl is hurting and so am I

Dasy1 is offline Junior Member

I completly understand my lad was diagnosed with Lymphoma in 11/2009 but I knew early than that. She made it to 5/10/2011, I am here if you need a friend, it hurts so bad, I understand. This is what I wrote my friends on her last day with us.

It is with a heavy heart that I have to say that Scott and I put Daisy to a peaceful sleep today around 5:50p.m. We didn’t know what to do today so we took her back to the Oncologist and she had a 104 fever and was very sick, they gave her fluids to keep her comfortable till we got there. I got there before Scott, my girlfriend Tracy brought me and Tracy gave her a new toy and she has a little spring in her step from the fluids and was was playing with her toys and I thought okay rebound #100. The Oncologist said that the fluids brought her temperature down and when she heard Tracy and I she wanted to please us and gave us her all so I was thinking maybe we could take her home because she was going towards the door she wanted out. I took her to do her business and she kept looking for my car, dad’s car, the labvan, Michael’s car, all the cars that took her for her chemo for the last eight months. When we got back in the office and after Tracy left and Scott got there, the Oncologist confirmed that the fluids are just a temporary comfort probably keep her comfortable thru the day and possibly thru the night so I talked to Scott and said Scott let’s bring her home, let’s call Dr. Kevin, let’s bring her for her last car ride and bring her to her peaceful house and we did. After we got home, Scott started digging the grave and I was in loving on her and then Daisy and I went out, she looked at Scott and I told her that is where she’ll be resting and she’ll always be able to protect us from there, always. I went back in, Scott came in and we had another hour or so just loving and talking to her, then the vet came and we put her down in her room, we looked into her eyes and after they left, Scott and I took a few minutes, wrapped her up in a nice blanket and then put double bags over her and then we carried her out and put her head looking towards the driveway so we can say hi to her everyday. We both filled her grave together and said our goodbyes. We put rocks around the area for now so we’ll know where she is and we’ll going to get flowers and do something special. Daisy is resting in peace, hopefully with Lizzie. Mommy and Daddy are going to miss her so much, she was the best dog ever.

margie is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dasy1 View Post
    I completly understand my lad was diagnosed with Lymphoma in 11/2009 but I knew early than that. She made it to 5/10/2011, I am here if you need a friend, it hurts so bad, I understand. This is what I wrote my friends on her last day with us.

It is with a heavy heart that I have to say that Scott and I put Daisy to a peaceful sleep today around 5:50p.m. We didn’t know what to do today so we took her back to the Oncologist and she had a 104 fever and was very sick, they gave her fluids to keep her comfortable till we got there. I got there before Scott, my girlfriend Tracy brought me and Tracy gave her a new toy and she has a little spring in her step from the fluids and was was playing with her toys and I thought okay rebound #100. The Oncologist said that the fluids brought her temperature down and when she heard Tracy and I she wanted to please us and gave us her all so I was thinking maybe we could take her home because she was going towards the door she wanted out. I took her to do her business and she kept looking for my car, dad’s car, the labvan, Michael’s car, all the cars that took her for her chemo for the last eight months. When we got back in the office and after Tracy left and Scott got there, the Oncologist confirmed that the fluids are just a temporary comfort probably keep her comfortable thru the day and possibly thru the night so I talked to Scott and said Scott let’s bring her home, let’s call Dr. Kevin, let’s bring her for her last car ride and bring her to her peaceful house and we did. After we got home, Scott started digging the grave and I was in loving on her and then Daisy and I went out, she looked at Scott and I told her that is where she’ll be resting and she’ll always be able to protect us from there, always. I went back in, Scott came in and we had another hour or so just loving and talking to her, then the vet came and we put her down in her room, we looked into her eyes and after they left, Scott and I took a few minutes, wrapped her up in a nice blanket and then put double bags over her and then we carried her out and put her head looking towards the driveway so we can say hi to her everyday. We both filled her grave together and said our goodbyes. We put rocks around the area for now so we’ll know where she is and we’ll going to get flowers and do something special. Daisy is resting in peace, hopefully with Lizzie. Mommy and Daddy are going to miss her so much, she was the best dog ever.
    IAM SO SORRY ,TEARS ARE FALLING AS I READ THIS .YOU DID THE BEST THING FOR HER ,ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT .WE JUST LOST OUR ANNA (IN JUNE) AND OUR HEARTS ARE HEAVY .HUGS TO YOU BOTH .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12