Just Labradors banner

RMB Beef?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  imported_Hunterboozer 
#1 ·
What do you guys feed for RMB for Beef? The only source of bone is coming from chicken currently, what are the beef bones that are safe to feed?

Thanks,

Doug

#2 ·
I feed Milly a knuckle bone once a week for about half an hour. But it's just for chewing on and she's supervised so she doesn't actually eat it..... (it's a HUGE bone!!! I didn't know what i'd get when i first asked for one at the butchers.....lol) I'd be interested to know the response from the forum on this too Doug as Milly's only raw food is currently chicken also!

Great topic IMO!

Cheers
Sarah

#6 ·
Well I dont really feed beef RMBs to my crew because well, Im feeding two ferrets and a cat (not a dog) and the bones are too big. For additional bone sources for your DOG, why not try turkey wings, whole fish (my crew L-O-V-E-S rainbow trout and anchovies. Both are a good source of Omega-3), and pork necks? The main source of bone for my crew is chicken bones and fish bones. For additional meat we add boneless MM from lamb, beef, pork, turkey, chicken, and goat. Its okay to add some boneless muscle meat as long as you are feeding plenty of RMBS. If you worry about calcium you can add 1tsp of ground eggshell powder to every lb of boneless meat to help even out the calcium/phosphorous levels in the meat.

Hope this helps.

#9 ·
I found that list amazing. I've actually printed it out and when I go shopping for the boys, I bring it with me to see what sort of variety I can come up with for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.