Best/favorite dog biscuits?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best/favorite dog biscuits?

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Default Best/favorite dog biscuits?

I was just wondering what people's favorite dog biscuits/treats are for their pups? Any recommendations? What are your pups favorites?
    I'm looking for something good and healthy for Java!!!

Thanks,
    Gina

joflake is offline Senior Member

My dog's favorites are, oh, I'm not going to remember the brand names, but they are:

Dried Beef Lung (there's nothing else in it)
    Salmon Treats

They stink, but they love them and they are good for them.

Ceridwen is offline Member

Primal makes some excellent smelly treats - (Lung puffs and Chicken Nibs are awesome, they also have dried buffalo liver, and dried venison heart - I have only tried these 4, I think Primal makes more treats)

Zukes is pretty good (The minis are smelly and perfect size for training treats) and they also have a more bisquit type treat that doesn't have soy, corn or wheat in it. All types have 3 flavors for the soft treats (Chicken, Salmon and Peanut Butter) and multiple flavors for the bisquits (Peanut Butter, Cherry/Cranberry, and a few others)

Bully sticks are great (Especially if you can find the unsmoked ones!) Merrick makes Flossies which are just dried beef tendon (Also very yummy - the pup loses it when he smells them)

I'm also a huge fan of the Duck Jerky Costco sells if you can get your hands on it

The fewer ingredients the better
    - Allison and Caspian

amazongold is offline Senior Member

The boys love anything they can get. They jump up out of a sound sleep and come running when they hear the ice cubes rattle!

However, we buy treats that are wheat- and corn-free, since they are sensitive to those ingredients. Buddy Biscuits in the Veggie Madness flavor, as well as different fish and potato treats (Wellness brand, among others) are the usual. They also love bits of fresh fruits (no grapes!) and veggies (no onions!) when I am preparing them. They chowed down on some cabbage leaves the other day.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

I keep two treat jars for daily treats and I try to keep them healthy.
    Jar #1 normally has California Natural treats. I buy them in the big bag and they actually last me a while for 4 dogs.
    Jar # 2 is now Cinder and Kramer's jar. It has my meatless treats. Right now a mix of mini Cherry Hip Bones and Zuke's Mini bones in Mean Greenz and Berry Blastz.

Training treats are usually Wellness Wellbites or Pure Rewards.
    Kim

Mojofl2 is offline Member

My two absolutely love cucumbers, sugar snap peas, green beans, carrots as their treats. They also get zuchinni, squash, apples, bananas, strawberries, and blueberries. I usually don't buy dog biscuits.

NM Lab Lover is offline Senior Member

Abbey and Coco both love baby carrots (raw), bites of apple, banana, strawberries, blueberries, and almost any veggie. Don't give them grapes, raisens, or raw onions. I use munster or low fat string cheese for training along with liver treats I make myself and freeze in 3x5 blocks. Those really get their attention and they would do anything I ask for one. It is far better to stay with natural and fresh things. If you are going to use processed treats then look for ones without wheat, soy or corn and the less ingredients the better. Our vet suggested using bites of their dog food (kibble) for treats and include that amount in their overall daily allotment. Our two girls would eat forever if you let them. Kind of like bottomless pits!! I have been told and have read that most labs are like that. Very few have much food restraint. Good luck and use what works for your pup.
    Love JL. Justlabradors.com!!!

+ Reply to Thread