Puppy has small lump on left shoulder blade
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Puppy has small lump on left shoulder blade

leverage7 is offline Junior Member

Default Puppy has small lump on left shoulder blade

Hello,

Azubuike got his last round of shots a little over a week ago and yesterday we noticed a small lump on the back of his left shoulder blade. It seems to be under the skin and it kind of moves around. It doesn't seem to bother him. It's hard to part his hair to look at it but I didn't notice anything on the surface of the skin or any redness. He is about 17 weeks old and I was just wondering if anyone had any idea what it could be? I've heard that this can happen about a week later to shots and it could go away on its own. I *think* it may be where he got one of the shots but I'm not certain. I know one was in the shoulder blade and it bled a tiny bit but I can't remember which side. Should we call the vet or watch it over the next couple days to see if it settles down?

Thanks, Ben

<br />Azubuike (AZ-uh-BOO-kee) - Born: 2/14/08

labby is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Puppy has small lump on left shoulder blade

I bet it's from his vaccine. You can try putting a bit of ice on it. Keep an eye on it and if you're really worried, take him in for a looksee. If it doesn't go away in a few days, then definitely see the vet.
    Laura

leverage7 is offline Junior Member

Well, the vet didn't seem worried at all. I guess we are not taking him in and he said it was a reaction and just to watch it and make sure it didn't get any bigger. It could take up to two months to go away but hopefully it won't take nearly that long. Anyone's dog have a similar reaction a week later to a vaccination?
    <br />Azubuike (AZ-uh-BOO-kee) - Born: 2/14/08

Csully123 is offline Senior Member

Yeah Denali had a small bump on his hind end after he got his last shots and it went away about 2 weeks after.

alages is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by leverage7
    Well, the vet didn't seem worried at all. I guess we are not taking him in and he said it was a reaction and just to watch it and make sure it didn't get any bigger. It could take up to two months to go away but hopefully it won't take nearly that long. Anyone's dog have a similar reaction a week later to a vaccination?
    Yes. My 3 month old Golden puppy had a lump between his shoulder blades within a day of his vaccination. I was told the same thing (just put ice on it). I waited a couple of days and brought him back to the same place (saw a different vet) and they said it was very unusual but he had a skin infection that was just "coincidentally" NOT caused be the shot but in the exact same place. The vet gave him a shot of penicillin at the same spot and enough penicillin pills for me to give my dog 2 a day for a week. By the end of the week it was gone.

nwlabs is offline Senior Member

Its from the shots...it ahould go away.

+ Reply to Thread