Undestroyable/unchewable dog bed
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Undestroyable/unchewable dog bed

2PRAIRIELABS is offline Junior Member

Default Undestroyable/unchewable dog bed

Does anyone know of a good dog bed that cannot be chewed up? Also where it can be purchased? (and price would be great also)
    thanks.1 year old Lab has chewed up about 3 so far. Even if she has a chew toy.

BuddyHsMom is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Undestroyable/unchewable dog bed

Buddy will do the same thing! He wrecked one cheaper bed so I bought him a real nice one and he promptly chewed a hole in the outside cover, which I patched up and now we put the bed away and only get it out for him when we're right there to watch him closely. He gets to have it as long as he doesn't start chewing and if he does, we say NO and give him a chew toy. If he does it again, then the bed gets put away. I'm hoping eventually he can be trusted not to destroy it! I honestly don't think there is a comfortable dog bed made that they can't destroy if they want to

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Murray was constantly chewing holes in his bed until I decided wasn't going to repair or replace another bed and just covered it with a blanket. He hasn't bothered it since.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

imported_CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

I think sakrete makes one. About 14.99. hehehe

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

TimC. is offline Senior Member

When Oona was one we bought her an Orvis bed that was advertised as "Lab Proof". It may have been Lab proof but it wasn't Oona proof and she destroyed it in the 20 minutes we were gone after we came home to let her out and then run to the market. To Orvis' credit they gave us a complete refund. We let Oona sleep in her crate on the bare floor since she could'nt be trusted with anything that could be ripped up. We got cheap beds for her when she was outside of the crate but we watched her with the beds and if she put them in her mouth she got a correction. Eventually she stopped chewing up her beds and she got another one from Orvis which I am happy to report she has had for three years without incident. The other thing that has happened is she doesn't chew up her fleece toys anymore. She has had some of them going on three years.
    Olie

kpowell is offline Senior Member

I don't think there is a such a thing! When we first got Jack I bought him a very expensive bed and came home one day to find it all over the house! It wasn't until he was about 3 years old that he would actually SLEEP on the bed instead of chewing it up!
    Jack&#039;s Mom

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Like Lydia, my kids chewed holes in any bed I got them (i finally started getting cheaper ones), but once I covered them with a blanket or sheet (and tucked the edges under the bed), they stopped chewing!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

+ Reply to Thread