Help!!! Lab just ate Dryer sheet
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help!!! Lab just ate Dryer sheet

corona2006 is offline Member

Default Help!!! Lab just ate Dryer sheet

My 4.5 year old lab just ate a dryer sheet from the clean clothes. will she be ok? do I need to go to the vet asap????

brody is offline Senior Member

I'd call my vet and or poison control to see what they say - better to err on the side of caution than to risk harm
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do. H. Keller

lisa is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by brody View Post
    I'd call my vet and or poison control to see what they say - better to err on the side of caution than to risk harm
    ^^^
    Ditto, you will feel much better if you call.

corona2006 is offline Member

ok.. just called the Emergency vet... said to watch it, it most likely isn't a problem but to feed her a high fiber diet to pass it quicker... hopefully she will pass it soon!!

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

This too shall pass....

brody is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neska74 View Post
    This too shall pass....
    one hopes - I'm glad the OP was worried enough to seek some thoughts - I'm glad the vet doesn't think there is anything toxic in the sheet -I'd now (LWS - life with sally) probably call poison control too to double check as all kinds of things end up being toxic that we never think of (gum for one)

blockage is a serious and life threatening condition so follow your dog out into the yard and watch poops closely; monitor fluid intake, activity level and appetite level

I really hope all is fine quickly (it often is!)
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do. H. Keller

GizmosMommy is offline Junior Member

My Gizmo is almost 11 months old and gets into everything. A few months back he swallowed a chicken bone while he was staying at his Grandmas house....took him to the vet and after x-rays and such they told me to monitor his bathroom habits and see if it passes. They also told me to give him high fiber things to help move things along. I found that Probiotic Cottage Cheese worked very well (and was recommended by the vet).

Of course, he is OK now. I would agree with the monitoring, make sure she drinks lots of water. Keep us updated!

I caught Gizmo with a dryer sheet the other day...half was missing. I'm hoping he just hid it somewhere...heh I think labs are given stronger digestive systems because they like to get into everything lol (well, at least that's the case with my Gizmo Gremlin!)
    <3 Gizmo

SarahJN is offline Member

Know the feeling - Millie once chewed up a phone (I'm pretty sure she ate some of it!) A bit like the infamous Marley who ate an answer machine and a phone, not to mention drywall!
    I'd definetely try some high-fibre stuff such as some lightly burnt toast, brown rice or some green veggies. Hope it passes easily! Don't worry - Sophie, our old dog, ate loads of balloons and she was okay I think maybe the dryer sheet attracted her because it probably smelt nice to her.

+ Reply to Thread