Foaming at the Mouth
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foaming at the Mouth

imported_azlab is offline Senior Member

Default Foaming at the Mouth

(no she doesn't have rabies)

Why does she foam at the mouth when we take her to the dog park. She alway foams away from the time we get there to the time we leave.
    Karon<br /><br />

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Foaming at the Mouth

From my observation of my dogs through the years and occasions they have excessively drooled and/or "foamed at the mouth", my guess is mental/psychological stress... :surprise:
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

Kathryn Guest

when jacey gets hot in her crate and dosnt have water she will foam at the mouth.

imported_Sara is offline Senior Member

When Dexter is anywhere that his sniffer is working overtime he gets a foamy mouth. I've always just attributed it to part of the scenting process since the nose and the mouth are connected.
    <br />&quot;Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.&quot;

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Our lab does that when she gets nervous or excited. Drooly mouth :embarrass:

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Peanut does that too. I've heard it's a nervousness/anxiety thing. Although she doesn't act that way at all, so I don't know if I buy that. She does sniff like a maniac when we're there, so maybe it does have something to do with that.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Retriever Mama is offline Senior Member

Brooklyn used to get that way when we would go to the dog park at first...over stimulated...excited...nervous...nothing to worry about...just keep a towel on hand.

Melissa, Remy & Brooklyn

Attu does the same thing when we finish at the park playing chuck it. He just loves to retrieve and is very vocal about playing. I figure his foam/drool is from excitement and now keep a towel on hand in the car to wipe his mouth/chin/neck afterwards.

dawna
    Moma to Attu a 5 year old chocolate lab. Kiska--At the rainbow bridge--Born March 1996 Died October 2007. Moma to Dreidel 10 month old Golden retriever.

sammysam21 is offline Senior Member

Cooper does the same thing. When he is overly excited from a long play period. He also gets like that when we take our walk at night. I think he is just thirsty. I wouldn't worry about it.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

imported_azlab is offline Senior Member

It is not she is thristy as we live in AZ. I am the biggest believer in water at all times. Neither dog likes the buckets at the doggie park so we take a large plastic bowl and keep it filled at all times and she drinks like mad. She doesn't foam when excited at home so I thnk it may be scenting. She sniffs like you would not believe at the dog park.

Thanks for the ideas everyone.
    Karon<br /><br />

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast