Agility jump dimensions?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Agility jump dimensions?

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Default Agility jump dimensions?

Kevin wants to know dimensions on the PVC agility jumps (high jump). How wide should the bar be? At what points should he put the clips for the bar?

Thanks!

justine is offline Senior Member

This is from the AKC, but it's from 2006, so I'm not sure if they are technically correct NOW, but if it's just for practice, I would go for something around this:
    Bars can be set within 1⁄4inch of the seven different jump heights (4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, and 26 inches). Jump heights must be designated on the uprights by number or color coded.An additional position for a bar placed 2 to 6 inches above the ground is also required. Unless a jump is specified as a One Bar Jump by the judge, all jumps shall have at least two bars. In the Novice classes, the lower bar shall be placed at about half the height of the top bar. In all other classes lower bar placement shall be determined by the judge.

The bars must be either cylindrical with 11⁄4-to 13⁄4-inch diameters, or square with 11⁄4-to 13⁄4-inch sides. Constructed from wood or plastic, they must be 4 to 5 feet long and striped for visibility. (Bars cut from PVC shall be Schedule 40 or Furniture Grade PVC.)

The bottom of the bar sits on top of the bar supports such that the bar is easily displaced. If bar supports are spaced every 2 inches there must be adequate space for a bar to displace.If rectangular bars are used, the top of the support must be flat and no wider than the bar it is supporting. If cylindrical bars are used, the supports may be no wider than the bar, and they should have a lip that is no more than 1/8-inch higher than the support, although lips up to 1/4-inch are allowed. Bolts may not be used as bar supports. Bars “held” in place by Velcro™, magnets, bolts,etc., are not allowed. The inside of the uprights must be at least 32 inches tall, and the upright must be 1 to 36 inches wide. (An inside height of 42 inches and a minimum width of 31⁄2inches are recommended for visibility. Widths of 24 inches are recommended to facilitate handler movement on the course.)

nicole is offline Senior Member

I highly recommend these... http://www.clipandgoagility.com/jump...lity/index.htm Makes jump building super easy!

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Yes, get the clip and go ones, they are perfect, easy to make. Also, at the clip and go site they sell the four way connectors, which makes building a jump really easy. I make my jumps 4 feet wide and about four feet high as well. I build seperate wings that can be moved seperate from the jumps as novice dogs take a while to learn to jump through the uprights, we add the wings once the dogs are more confident working away from the handler a little bit.

+ Reply to Thread