I was wondering....
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I was wondering....

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Default I was wondering....

For those of you with just one lab, do you ever look at your pup and wonder "what would I ever do with out you", I know each and every one of our pups is so special to us, and it doesn't matter if you have 1 or 10, I was just wondering if its more difficult if you have just one. Today I was looking at Sammi and wondering what would I do if something happend to her! I know when I lost Aspen, it was awful and took me over 1 1/2 yrs. to get a new pup! Does it help having more then one! Or is it just like your kids, each one is so special you cant imagine "replacing" any of them. I don't know why this is on my brain today, I'm weird I guess. Di

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Default Re: I was wondering....

I often wonder if I feel similar because even though I have two, they are such polar opposites in every way possible, you know? I can't fathom being without either of them, they both play such a special and unique role in my life. 
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

I know that now, especially after the divorce, I think about the fact that they will go long before me, and it really makes me very sad. I've lost several dogs in my life; it never gets easy. But these 4 have been my rocks these past few years. I tell myself everything will be okay because I have them and then I realize I won't always have them. Ah crap, this is making me too sad.....but yep! One or two, three or four or more, I love them all so much I don't even want to think of life without any one of them.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Oh yes - I did that a lot with Shadow, and it was devastating when we lost her so young. Because Bill was traveling and I was coming home to an empty house every night, I just couldn't stand it. We got Buddy two weeks after Shadow passed.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

MarlansMum is offline Senior Member

My two are so very different as well. I love both so very much and I don't know what I would do without either of them in my life.

... but Marlan is my heart dog and so I know I will be absolutely devastated when he goes. :no: :'(

patm is offline Senior Member

I think that with 2, it will make it just a tiny bit easier if something happens to the other one, but I will also worry about how the other dog will feel when the other one is gone. At least we have some understanding of what happened, but the other dog won't really know

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Sorry didnt want to make everyone sad! I've just been thinking more and more of getting a second dog and this was just something i was thinking about. Thanks for sharing- Di

fannyANDeddiesMOM is offline Senior Member

I feel that way about Fanny and Eddie.

More so with Fanny because we lost a dog 6 months before she came home and I cried for 6 months over his loss. I still cry sometimes! She found her own place in my heart, she has been the best Christmas present I have received ever!

When Eddie came along he was so needy and so eager to love that he made his own place in my heart.

We invest so much time and effort and receive so much in return how can we help falling in love with them?
    <br />This is comfy Mom.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by patm
    I think that with 2, it will make it just a tiny bit easier if something happens to the other one, but I will also worry about how the other dog will feel when the other one is gone. At least we have some understanding of what happened, but the other dog won't really know
    I've felt much the same way. I worry more about Tal, Barney, and Midnight in a loss than myself. I really cannot imagine being without any of them.

Funny you should open this up because I was just thinking today how much I love these guys...and enjoying every moment with them!

+ Reply to Thread