Wow! Even the beautiful dumb blonde ones can learn
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow! Even the beautiful dumb blonde ones can learn

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Default Wow! Even the beautiful dumb blonde ones can learn

If you read the post about the good looking gal that brought her 9 week old Red Lab to the dog park this past Friday and what happened http://forum.justlabradors.com/showthread.php?t=7499

Sunday evening HK, Louie and I were at the DP again. A couple of others that were there last Friday were also present. We were quite a ways in from the entrance and we look up and here comes a very pretty lady, but dressed a bit more appropriate for the DP without a dog. Yep! It was the same gal.

She comes straight at me. I am expecting to hear that she confirmed that I don't know what I am talking about or that she gave the pup up to the breeder or a rescue. Old guys shouldn't swell their heads that they know it all.

Nope! She apologized for her attitude last Friday night. Told us that her husband (Shucks! Thought we had a single cutie!) got real upset when she told him what happened. Not upset at what we said, but upset for the pup. They took the pup to the vet Saturday. Excluding the worms she got a clean bill of health and owners got read the riot at about the pup going to the DP before the shot sequence was complete, plus one week. Got the whole history on Labs, colors, medical cautions, behaviors, etc.

Anyway, she apologized to all of us that were present and hoped she could still come to the DP after 'Lola' (Yep. thats the pups name) got through her immunizations. The others ladies there were telling her that they were excited to start watching Lola develop as soon as she was ready to come.

The gal then asked if I would still welcome them. Duh! Like I am in charge of the park?? I told her my comments were out of concern for her dog and I would be really happy to see Lola develop also. With one condition, I told her she had to wear the dress she had on Friday night.

The other ladies told her to ignore me. She said that would be fine but she would bring her husband along.

Damn!

I think she is going to be okay. Lola that is. We gave them a lot of hints on what to expect behavior wise. I think they will be able to adapt to Lola running the house.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Dexter Dogg is offline Senior Member

Glad you could educate this lady for the sake of the pup.

...Not sure about the title of this thread though.

- Dave

joflake is offline Senior Member

Well, that's good to hear! She wasn't so dumb after all, just ignorant. I'm glad for the pups sake. You should have given her this website too.

Quote Originally Posted by joflake View Post
    Well, that's good to hear! She wasn't so dumb after all, just ignorant. I'm glad for the pups sake. You should have given her this website too.
    I will! In about 7 weeks when she comes back to the DP.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Dexter Dogg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by joflake View Post
    You should have given her this website too.
    Yeah I am sure she'd love the title of this thread.

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

LOL... wow, that's good news. I'm glad she wasn't too proud to apologize and ask for help!

joflake is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Dogg View Post
    Maybe we can edit it, or don't tell her she can go back and read old threads!

kelli is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Dogg View Post
    I'm neither blonde, nor dumb, and find it mildly offensive. I'm sure she would too.

kelli, tucker and koda

Not worried about offending her. In the conversation that occurred, she asked how many times she was referred to as the dumb blonde after she left Friday? We were honest and she said she was used to it. She also said that sometimes she does or says things that are deserving of it.

Oh! I should probably mention that the dumb blonde is a chemical engineer. Based on my experience with same, I doubt she is very dumb.

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

Oh good!
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast