Neighbors dog? Peeing on my stuff?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neighbors dog? Peeing on my stuff?

hifive is offline Senior Member

Default Neighbors dog? Peeing on my stuff?

My neighbors dog makes HIS morning rounds by coming over and peeing on anything and everything that I have left outside. What can I do about this? He pees on all of my car and truck tires (no biggie) But it's all the other stuff: tools, BBQ, wood, planters, plants, I left out my laundry basket with sheets in it inside the garage and I caught him in the act! Yes, I threw the sheets out! Thank goodness it wasn't full of my good clothes. Just about anything that is outside he pees on. EVERYDAY! I have told the people and they are country folk/ranchers and pretty much just say "yeah, just tell him to get along home and he'll leave, but it's free range out here in the country. They were here first." After I casually brought it up again, they told me that I should think about putting all my stuff away at night that I don't want pee'd on. That was the time he pee'd on the new wood we were going to use on the deck. I just don't know what to do. Does anyone else have that happening?
    <br />To err is human: to forgive, canine

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Neighbors dog? Peeing on my stuff?

That stinks!
    We have a neighborhood dog that likes to pee on our mailbox and bushes up front but not on everything like that. I know it's different out in the country and there is probably no way of getting the neighbors to do anything about him so the only thing you can probably do is to put stuff up. Are their leash laws in your county? If there are you could probably complain to AC about him but he'll know it was you and it probably would make things uncomfortable.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

There are leash laws, but only within city limits, not out in the country where we are. The dog is just going from our yard to his yard and not even on the street so I don't think it really matters to the city anyway. Our 40 acres buts up to his 100 acres. It's an old ranch dog who has never had any boundries before, but man it's gross. It stains everything. We have put tarps on stuff that we have to leave outside temporarily and he now just pees on that. YUCKO.

lab lover is offline Senior Member

Man, how frustrating that must be. It doesn't sound like the neighbors care let alone will do anything about it. I guess I would start putting things away. That's horrible.
    <br /><br /><br />[IMG]http:/

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Uh! Oh!

If I read this right, you are into a new place, the dog has lived next door for some time. If the owner is not going to take control, I believe that you are going to have a hard time. No one on this board is going to suggest anything that would harm the dog, but here are some ideas.

Try a couple pinwheels, spin around in a breeze, to suggest to the dog he/she doesn't want to be there.

They make led flashers that are battey powered and will flash randomly, might beenough to discourage the dog.

Farmers use firecracker type discharges to scare off animals, that are set up and go off randomly. I am sure there may be a safety or legal issue with this one.

Is there some kind of scented material that can be put down that the dog won't want to cross?
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Even in the country, there's usually some kind of ordinance about dogs straying off farmers properties (sometimes called "unsecured" animals) because they don't want them interfering with other farmers' livestock. Call the sheriff or call animal control and inquire.

Frankly, you're very nice. Where our farms are in Iowa, most farmers will take a pellet gun to loose dogs (not to kill or seriously injure, but to scare). Loose dogs can damage crops (we had a neighbor have a dog cause a cattle stampede through a corn field...), personal property (as you've found out), and livestock/barnyard animals (chicken, sheep, geese, cats, etc). I would be very vocal right now.

<br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

They are very lucky to have you as a neighbor. Many people would caused harm to the dog after asking nicely so many times.

Personally, being a male, I'd start peeing on their car until they saw my point of view. I'm sorry I'm not much help.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

We moved in about 8 months ago and I'm sure the dog has pee'd there forever, not just with us. Maybe that is why the other people moved out. Who knows. I have put stuff up and covered other stuff. But I had brought out my chopping block and was cleaning it with bleach and the darn dog pee'd on it before I could put it away. It was late and we went to town to run some errands and I left it out to dry. When we came home I saw the marks. Stupid dog. My husband wants to wait for it and shoot it with a pellet gun, but I'm not wanting to do that. I think I will just have a real talk with the neighbor and send a bill for damaged property.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Maybe not a pellet gun, but what about an airhorn, or some firecrackers?

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Don't shoot the dog, it's not his fault that his owners are negligent.

My advice would be to buy a pheramone and spray something that's far away from your yard/house. I'd also dilute an enzyme cleaner and spray down any areas that he's peed on/around.

That's assuming you don't want to raise hell. I would be dumping pee'd on crap on my neighbours doorstep if i were you. Or i would pee on their stuff. ;D
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast