It gets better.....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It gets better.....

Karolyn is offline Senior Member

Default It gets better.....

So remember last tuesday night when I was looking for encouragement because Harlee had gone through her second night of obedience and acted like an ass?

Well......third night was last night what does she do?????

Goes into the gym area and craps on the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHe has not peed/pooped in my house in over 2 months!

WHats with it?

22 weeks

Dani is offline Senior Member

Default Re: It gets better.....

She's a pup, she's over stimulated...and needs more activities like this.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Dawn is offline Senior Member

Awww .... Bodie did that in one of his classes too. Think he was just nervous and over-excited .... Don't despair, Harlee will probably be a star pupil in the end!

lubmylabs is offline Senior Member

The idea of "outside" is a bit situational too. When Finley was about 6 months old, we moved into a split-level house, with the entry downstairs but the living areas upstairs. The entry area had tiles that looked an awful lot like brick paving, leading off to a carpeted area. Well, Finley was convinced that since we weren't doing any living down there, it must be outside, so he peed on the carpet there several times before I finally got it through to him that it was inside. Don't worry, Harlee will get it.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Tal did the same thing in his obedience class. He was also the youngest in there. He just got over stimulated and pooped right in the middle of the floor. For everyone to see. :-[ :-X I got better at reading him and when he needed to go but it still happened one other time!

Sounds perfectly normal to me. With time, and a little training, she will understand the difference between inside and outside regardless of location.

Hang in there.

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

it gets better. hang in there.
    I am sure Harlee isn't the first dog at the place that you train that has pooped on the floor.

momofalab is offline Senior Member

My old dog, could not go into Petsmart without leaving a sample in the middle of the door entrance, and in the food isle. How much poop can one dog have. Happened everytime, and he never had mistakes in the house either.

I guess Harlee just likes the attention!

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Bailey did this too in class - I know how you feel though. Evev after Bailey di dthat in class she never did at home - it didn't effect our housebreaking at all.
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

georgie is offline Senior Member

Too much excitement for the little one. It will get better. I've had to "clean up" after my girls on several occasions.

Karolyn is offline Senior Member

Hahah well today it is kinda funny, but last night wasn't so hot when everyone was making fun

What makes matters worse is the trainer does not seem to be a big fan of labs, every time harlee doesnt listen to me she says...to everyone...."SHe's a lab, she won't grow a brain til she's three" Maybe she won't mature for a while but she is smart she is just very stubborn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast