Just Labradors banner

How often does your lab poop?

29K views 36 replies 33 participants last post by  Ninemiler 
#1 ·
Now that Sam is being a big boy with his pottying, I've noticed...this dog poops A LOT!

Sam will

Poop in the moring
Poop after he's eaten
Poop in the afternoon
Poop in the evening
Poop at last call

Happy will
Poop in the evening

Lucky will poop in the morning

#3 ·
I should mention it's firm and everything so it's not like he's sick, it's just like now that he know's he's suppose to go out there he feels the need to do it everytime he bounces out there!!

#5 ·
They are each different, just like their human family. Both girls poop between 3-5 times each day. Ususally in the morning, either before or after breakfast; sometime in the afternoon; and after dinner or at last call.

BTW - I told Coco this morning I was going to write a "Sam-wise" story about her. It was raining and she didn't want to stay out long - just to pee and come back in. I was making coffee and getting ready to put their breakfast together (they were both at my feet). I turned to take their bowls to their feeding platforms and saw Coco had already moved. I look at the patio door and she has her head down and wants out "now". So I am hurrying and look back in the living room! :eek: She has pooped a perfect circle on the carpet!! :mad: And I mean a circle - one large pile and then drop, drop,etc. in a perfect 3 foot circle. She missed the dog beds and all of the furniture but what a picture. I give her the "oh, no you did not" look and she looks down and then over at Abbey. Abbey gets behind me as if to tell her "you are on your own with this one!". So I take a deep breath and take them out to eat breakfast (30 seconds flat!) and then back to their crates while I clean up the "presents". No details but enough to say it was most unpleasant. I was treating and steam cleaning carpet all before my morning coffee. :( Not a good start to my day.

So if there is a "next time" with Sam - I will be feeling and smelling your pain. It is a very good thing we love them so much. ;)

#8 ·
definetely 2 times a day-- before breakfast on our daily walk and then again on our late evening walk which is usually around 10pm. once in awhile there will poop in the backyard when i get home. Funny thing is she won't poop for my boyfriend when he takes her out for walks....lol, I'll take her out again and she'll go right away, we think she knows dad doesn't like to pick up poop...lol

#13 ·
Man! Well, Tal goes once a day, usually in the afternoon when I get home. If we go so they can run around in the tall grass by the baseball field, he gets excited and has to go again...even if he went right before we left home. :rolleyes: Barney usually goes 2x - once after breakfast and once before bed. Poop patrol must be a major event!

#19 ·
Jefferson poops once or sometimes twice a day. Small firm poos.
Teddy on the other hand poops 4-6 times a day. Extremely large, usually firm poos. Looks like a tree branch most of the time! I know, I know TMI! I tell Teddy he is just full of S***!
Tucker--not a lab-- poos 2 to 3 times a day.
So it depends on the dog.

#22 ·
Does it seem like puppies poop more times per day?
Daisy is 6 months, and she goes usually 3-5 times a day. For sure right when we get up in the morning, sometimes after breakfast, an afternoon poo, and then an evening one, usually after dinner. She is fed 3X a day right now, though. Sometimes she'll skip one, sometimes she'll add one!

#27 ·
Puppies DEFINATELY poop more. Baloo was a little pooping machine when he was little, minimum three times daily, and that was on a good day. :eek:

It could have partially been the food I was feeding at the time, but I still think pups poop more.

#24 ·
Willy is like clockwork, twice a day, morning and evening. Libby usually goes only once a day, in the morning, but sometimes in the evening. She doesn't pee as often as Willy does either.

Do you think Sam is pooping a lot from you trying to get him to go outside and giving him treats when he does? Poop=treat!

#26 ·
That's a thought! I started cutting back the treats though. Doesn't get one everytime. I think I may just give him on for morning poop and evening poop now!!

#28 ·
After breakfast and after dinner....just twice ...:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.