ginger's eye color....
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ginger's eye color....

eklind51 is offline Senior Member

Default ginger's eye color....

what color would you say gingers eyes are? she turned 1 years old in march. her eyes started out very blue and then lighter blue until now which i would say is a green? she's always had that hazel ring on the outer edge it just hasn't gotten any bigger. do you think they will change anymore?

no flash is my siggy pic.

with flash

this one was taken at the beginning of december (you can see the hazel ring a little)

JackieN is offline Senior Member

Default Re: ginger's eye color....

Seems to me you have a green eyed choc lab..it is acceptable per the standards if I remember correctly. We were hoping Dakota's eyes would stay/be green. He had the bluish eyes..then they went to the golden greenish color..more golden than green
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by eklind51
    what color would you say gingers eyes are? she turned 1 years old in march. her eyes started out very blue and then lighter blue until now which i would say is a green? she's always had that hazel ring on the outer edge it just hasn't gotten any bigger. do you think they will change anymore?

no flash is my siggy pic.

with flash

this one was taken at the beginning of december (you can see the hazel ring a little)
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

By the time she is fully matured they will be yellow.

Chocolates often have blue/green eyes as pups which will turn into yellow/orange/brown as they mature. The LIGHTER they are as a pup, the LIGHTER they'll be as an adult.

Green is actually NOT an acceptable eye color.

Per the standard "Eye color should be brown in black and yellow Labradors, and brown or hazel in chocolates. Black, or yellow eyes give a harsh expression and are undesirable."

Eyes can take up to 2 years to fully change. Grace's are only now turning into the proper brown!

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I love her eyes!!
    "Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Hmmmmmm.... blueish green...... whatever color they are, I just love them ! She is on my Lab screensaver that Shawn made, and I always love to see her blue eyes...... I thought they were very rare actually, as I've never seen a blue eyed chocolate Lab. She is striking...... yellow may NOT be a desired color, but I personally think it makes for a very striking look...... I like the lighter eye shade against the dark coat color......

PS,,,,, can you tell I like yella eyes ??

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

JackieN is offline Senior Member

I have hazel eyes..which often look green..this was what I meant. They are a greenish color..not green as in olive/emerald/etc. I've seen full grown choc labs with a greenish eye, what you call hazel, other people I've seen/heard always say "she/he has "green" eyes. Dakota had blue as a wee pup, then they went bluish green..now they are the golden color with a hint of green at times.
    Jackie

Per the standard "Eye color should be brown in black and yellow Labradors, and brown or hazel in chocolates. Black, or yellow eyes give a harsh expression and are undesirable."
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

eklind51 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CYNLABS
    Eyes can take up to 2 years to fully change. Grace's are only now turning into the proper brown!
    really! i thought it was 1 year. she's just a pet so i am hoping for them to stay greenish...we will see!

Quote Originally Posted by jzgrlduff
    I love her eyes!!
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 4yelloweyedogs
    Hmmmmmm.... blueish green...... whatever color they are, I just love them ! She is on my Lab screensaver that Shawn made, and I always love to see her blue eyes...... I thought they were very rare actually, as I've never seen a blue eyed chocolate Lab. She is striking...... yellow may NOT be a desired color, but I personally think it makes for a very striking look...... I like the lighter eye shade against the dark coat color......

PS,,,,, can you tell I like yella eyes ??

Melissa
    yeah i love them too...i was hoping they would stay greenish. i guess will we see when she's 2!

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

I always notice her on the screen saver also.
    <br /><br />

+ Reply to Thread