Gang Raped at the dog park
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gang Raped at the dog park

Scoper50 is offline Senior Member

Default Gang Raped at the dog park

I had never went to a dog park before today. My sister goes to this park near my house and it was a nice day so I decided to check it out. I get there and there are about 7-10 dogs. Everything was fine for about half an hour. There was chasing, running, playing, etc.. Then this one dog "chevy" that came in and decided that he wanted to hump odie. Odie is also a male dog. Chevys owner kept yelling at him, but he wouldn't stop. Soon after that 2 other dogs decided that Odie would be a great dog to hump. So before I know it there are three dogs standing in line taking turns on my dog. A few times he was actually penetrated. It was discusting. The owner of chevy continued to yell at her dog and physically pull him off my dog, but the owners of the other two dogs seemed unconcerned and thought it was funny.

My dog didn't resist much, and didn't fight back, but he couldn't even move. He kept getting pinned down and humped by these three dogs. Every time Odie tried to get up he'd just get knocked down again a few seconds later and raped.

I thought this behavior might stop so I hung around for a little bit, but after 15 minutes of this crap I decided to leash my dog up and leave. I was pretty mad that these people thought this behavior was ok.

I don't think I'll be going back to that dog park.

justine is offline Senior Member

Ugh. I know how that is. The dog park that's near me is awesome, but I always tend to run into idiot people and their dogs.

Abbey has gotten kind of attacked and pinned down to the ground by dogs there before and they just didn't play nice.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

What you observed was not about sex but about dominance amongst the dogs. Humping commonly happens in dog group situations - most dogs will either submit (which usually makes the other dogs stop) or the humpee will not allow the humping and will defend.

Your title of this thread is quite inflammatory and will probably provoke some ire among some.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

nicole is offline Senior Member

What did you do?

I rarely go to dog parks (because of ignorant owners and I basically have my own right here, lol) but if someone elses dog humps mine, and mine doesn't correct it immediatly, I remove the other dog. Usually the other owner will get the hint. On the rare occasion that they don't, I remove the dog and walk it right over to it's owner...I've yet to have someone not understand that. There's no reason that someone can't teach their dog "leave it", IMO.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I agree with BigBrownDog.

My Puff is NOT a dominant dog -- far from it. And she sometimes gets humped --and sometimes VERY aggressively -- by FEMALE dogs.

It's a dominance thing.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    What you observed was not about sex but about dominance amongst the dogs. Humping commonly happens in dog group situations - most dogs will either submit (which usually makes the other dogs stop) or the humpee will not allow the humping and will defend.

Your title of this thread is quite inflammatory and will probably provoke some ire among some.

Ditto. The title is way beyond offensive.

Some dogs just seem to be targets of humping - particularly if they are very passive and won't tell the humper to back off. If you are planning to go back to the dog park, keep your dog moving - play fetch with her, encourage her in tag games etc. If a situation like you describe occurs again (non stop humping with no assistance from the other owner, and the dog does not appear aggressive, simply leash the offending dog and walk him back to the other owner. repeat as necessary

I assume your dog is spayed?

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by Scoper50 View Post
    I thought this behavior might stop so I hung around for a little bit, but after 15 minutes of this crap I decided to leash my dog up and leave. I was pretty mad that these people thought this behavior was ok.
    Was this a typo? Do you really mean 15 seconds? Hell, there's no way I'd allow that for 5 seconds. I don't care if my dogs were the humper or humpee. It wouldn't happen. If you were dealing with an aggressive dog, yours could have been seriously injured or worse.
    Last edited by Garth; 05-04-2009 at 12:49 AM.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    Was this a typo? Do you really mean 15 seconds? Hell, there's no way I'd allow that for 5 seconds. I don't care if my dogs were the humper or humptee. It wouldn't happen. If you were dealing with an aggressive dog, yours could have been seriously injured or worse.
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by kaytris View Post
    Ditto. The title is way beyond offensive.

Some dogs just seem to be targets of humping - particularly if they are very passive and won't tell the humper to back off. If you are planning to go back to the dog park, keep your dog moving - play fetch with her, encourage her in tag games etc. If a situation like you describe occurs again (non stop humping with no assistance from the other owner, and the dog does not appear aggressive, simply leash the offending dog and walk him back to the other owner. repeat as necessary

I assume your dog is spayed?
    My dog is male. And he was being aggressivly humped by other male dogs. I tried to keep my own dog occupied with playing fetch, etc.. But the other dogs were on his tail like a magnet. He couldn't take two steps without being mounted. I physically pushed the other dogs off of him several times and the other dog owners did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    Was this a typo? Do you really mean 15 seconds? Hell, there's no way I'd allow that for 5 seconds. I don't care if my dogs were the humper or humpee. It wouldn't happen. If you were dealing with an aggressive dog, yours could have been seriously injured or worse.
    The other dogs wern't mean. They were just apparently really horney. I could completely understand the behavior if I had a female dog in heat, but my dog is male, and these dogs were just going nuts over him. I was there because I was invited by my sister so thats the reason I stuck around so long. Odie wasn't hurt. He didn't even seem like he disliked what was going on. He probably just thought the other dogs were playing. Like I said before, he didn't even try to resist. He's very passive. I've never seen him become aggressive towards anybody. I spent those 15 minutes trying to distract odie and get him away from the gang bang, but the other dogs were right on his tail the whole time and wouldn't let him take more than a few steps without being mounted doggystyle or pinned to the ground on his back and being humped that way. Eventually I had enough with trying to defend my animal and I left.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast