Just Labradors banner

Neighbors lost their dogs (NLR - happy ending)

595 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  einstein's legacy 
#1 ·
We were out walking the boys tonight when our down-the-street neighbors drove up and asked if we had seen their dogs. They are a young couple, in their early 20s. The girl looked as though she was about to burst into tears. :'(

This is the same girl who, a few months back, spotted our neighbor's black Lab roaming the street and mistook him for Simon. She got out of her shower and ran up the street to our house in a robe with wet hair, to ask if Simon had gotten out. :angel: She is such a sweet, kind person. It broke my heart to see her so upset.

So we volunteered to help them look. :police:

We drove around for about an hour. We did see one black dog, but honestly, I had no idea what I was even looking for. I know they have two boys, hound mixes, but I have never actually seen either of them. They are usually in the house, or in their back yard. It was very difficult to look for something that you've never seen.

Finally we came back and decided to see if they had any luck. We drove by and the dogs were in the window! ;D I got out and went up to actually meet them, so next time (heaven forbid), I would know what I was looking for.

When we got home we saw that they had left sweet notes all over our house, telling us that the boys were home. Apparently they decided to check back in at home, and when they drove up the "rotten boys" were lying in the driveway.

All's well that ends well. I was so relieved! It was an answered prayer. :)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.