Just Labradors banner

Time For A Tankie Boy Update

3K views 39 replies 37 participants last post by  AngusFangus 
#1 ·
We go to Texas A&M Veterinary Teaching Hospital on Thursday am for a re-check on his diagnosis of encephalitis.

So far he is doing great. There are things that he does not remember but both so far are good things "I guess". He is not sleeping in our bed nor is he doing wheels up on the sofa - I sure do miss that for some reason.

He is ravoneously hungry all the time - my guess would be the Prednisone. Give him a cookie and you better be quick because he could mistake your finger for dessert. His rear legs do not seem as strong as they used to but they never strong anyway due to the 2 TPLO's for his torn ACL's. Energy level is a bit better in the pool. He is swimming faster and really loves to jump off the side. He has some strange thing (to me anyway) on the bottom of his chest at the deepest part where when I touch it - it kind of clicks like there is something loose there. Going to ask to see the x-rays they took at ER clinic if they still have them because that is somewhat near the spot where the mass was that is now gone. Eyesight is not perfect but if you did not know any better you would not be able to telll.

I hope they will discontinue the meds but on the other hand if they do I will be on pins and needles the entire time because if his problem is immune related he will decline and go back to what he was and then we will know that his time on earth is limited.

On the bright side if we stop the meds and he continues as is it was bacterial or viral and we will be looking at this in the rearview mirror. From my lips and keyboard to God's ear please!

See less See more
#40 ·
Oh, I'm so hoping this goes well for Mr. Tank. He has really been a trooper through this whole ordeal (and so have you).

Best wishes for a great checkup and that this will all be over very soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.