How much did your puppy weight at around 12-13 weeks? and how big is it now?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much did your puppy weight at around 12-13 weeks? and how big is it now?

gbro223 is offline Junior Member

Default How much did your puppy weight at around 12-13 weeks? and how big is it now?

How much did your puppy weight at around 12-13 weeks? and how big is it now? I am wondering how big my lab mix will get, I don't know what shes mixed with so I really have no idea what to expect lol. I took her for her shots the other day and she was 22 lbs at 12 weeks! She gained 6 lbs since her last shots 3 weeks ago! She is growing like a weed! I knew she was getting heavier lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

A good rule of thumb for labby puppies is 2 lbs a week. Our Sophie followed this trend all the way through. Some males will weigh a little more. Sophie was 26 lbs at 13 weeks. I was also told to double the weight at 4 months and that will approximate their adult weight. Sophie was 40 lbs at 4 months, and is 75 now, and is 9 months old. You pup is a cutie!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Oh, my what an adoable pup! I generaly follow the same train of thought as Pam (Sophiesmom)- doubling their weight at 4 months will give you an estimate of how big they will be as an adult. Our Lab/English Setter mix was 40 pounds at 4 months. His mature adult weight was 75 (at 12 weeks, he was 36 1/2 pounds). Caleb was smaller and slower to mature. At 17 weeks, he was 30 1/2 pounds. He's now 70 (at 12 weeks he was 16 pounds).

Finn was 19 pounds at 12 weeks, then I weighed him last week and he was 24 pounds at 14 weeks! Solid little doober!!
    Home of:

Forrest CGC- Lab 2001-2011
    Poopy-Toby-JRT 2004-
    Finn- Lab/Aussie- 2011-
    And 30-some Miniature Horses...

www.fieldofdreamsminihorses.com

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his leader, his love. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. Unknown

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Baloo was probably around 20 pounds at that age, and he's now almost 5 and weighs between 60 - 62 pounds. It's funny to me because he has huge mitts for feet so everyone would always exclaim over how huuugggeee he was going to be, and he's a little guy, lol! Definitely can't go by foot size, lol!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317 View Post
    Baloo was probably around 20 pounds at that age, and he's now almost 5 and weighs between 60 - 62 pounds. It's funny to me because he has huge mitts for feet so everyone would always exclaim over how huuugggeee he was going to be, and he's a little guy, lol! Definitely can't go by foot size, lol!

I heard the same thing about Caleb. Having seen both his parents, I figured he'd "top out" at about 70 pounds, no more than 75. When I compared his growth weight to Mick's, I wasn't even sure he'd get that big. Now I hear from people about how small he is. LOL Of course, those are the same people who think Labs are supposed to look like whiskey barrels on legs.

dukesmommy22 is offline Senior Member

Paisley was 14 lbs @ 8 weeks (pretty big) she was around 20 at 12 weeks. She'll be 1 year old on Feb. 19 and she is 70lbs. I can't remember what Duke was @ that age. Your pup is cute!

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a Labrador Retriever licking your face". – Unknown

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Just had mine at the vet this morning. Patrick is 24.4, and Journey and Flint are 22 at 11 weeks.

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

When Homer was a pup 3 years ago I thought he was going to be bigger and taller because he grew very fast... then all of a sudden he just stopped growing at a young age and ended up being just bit (maybe 1 cm) taller than Misha, whoŽs actually a small british bloodline Lab.

Vermont on the other hand has grown to be Lab sized in just over a month. He was a little bit about half the size of the labs at 3 months, and at 4.5 months is now as tall and long as the Labs but of course weighs a lot less. I hope he doesnŽt stop growing like Homer, IŽd love to have huge dog again (last one was my Great Dane). Collies are supposed to be somewhere between a Lab and a German Shepard Dog in size... lets see if the boy makes it

general606 is offline Member

I think General was about 32lbs...now he's 8 months and 80lbs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast