The little red rocket question
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The little red rocket question

rpost7786 is offline Senior Member

Default The little red rocket question

I know this is an odd question buuuuuut when does the little red rocket come out? Avery's now 7 months and he tries to hump me, my friends and the blankets as a dominance thing. The red rocket never comes out. TG!!
    We were at the dog park and he doesn't defend himself when other dogs try to hump him.... ones with HUGE red rockets. I have to interviene and save my poor little guy. He looks so helpless LOL I guess my question is he too young for it to come out or is it an excitement thing? Not that I want him to have a red rocket. He was snipped before we got him. And some of the dogs were snipped at the park but still were going around with their thingy out haha
    I'm no doctor but I thought if you snipped off his manhood they don't get red rockets. am I wrong?
    Rachel, Keith, Scarlett & Avery = One happy little Family

"A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"- John Grogan

labby is offline Senior Member

It's a penis. It's not a red rocket, it's not a thiny, it's a penis. Say the word. Go on, you can say it.

When a dog is snipped, they take the testicles, not the penis.

Since he was castrated so early in life, he might never let his penis out of the sheath. My boys tend to let their penises out of their sheath when they relax. Or when my mother comes over since she tends to freak out. lol
    Laura

momofalab is offline Senior Member

*snickers at Laura* My older male has an issue where he loves to hump his brother. His "Red Rocket" Oops Penis, comes out also. He is intact so different from your dog. My other male, also intact, has never had an issue with his Penis.

Had to share a story, when my son was 2, his sister came running upstairs from the play room with her brother in tow. My mother (who had an issue with proper words), was visiting. Here comes my 4 yr old screaming Momma, Trevor hurt his penis!!...mom who was in company with a friend was mortified. I think it scarred mom for life...lol

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Rocky was neutered at 18 months so not sure this has impact. His penis comes out when he is very relaxed (getting a good ear scratch) or when he is exited. he is in no way a dominant dog. though he will correct a dog that is being unpolite.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

LuvBrown is offline Senior Member

Honestly, I would be more concerned with the humping and why you haven't trained that dog to respect you so that he does not hump you or visitors than whether or not his penis pops out of the sheath once in a while.

My dogs have never tried to hump me or another human being. And if it happened ONCE, it most certainly would not happen again.

Tucker is offline Senior Member

I call it a red rocket too...consider yourself lucky and don't second guess it! Tucker's is ALWAYS out...he was fixed (I too thought once they were neutered it no longer came out...you can imagine how dumb I sounded when I called the vet after!)...it is SO gross and has caused many embarrassing moments...I think I am jealous of you...lol

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labby View Post
    It's a penis. It's not a red rocket, it's not a thiny, it's a penis. Say the word. Go on, you can say it.
    LOL!

Bella

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Toby has had part of his out from time to time and I really would rather not see it.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by LuvBrown View Post
    Honestly, I would be more concerned with the humping and why you haven't trained that dog to respect you so that he does not hump you or visitors than whether or not his penis pops out of the sheath once in a while.

My dogs have never tried to hump me or another human being. And if it happened ONCE, it most certainly would not happen again.
    EXCELLENT point. This is a behavior you (OP) can correct (and SHOULD correct)
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

ScorpianAbarth is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    it is SO gross and has caused many embarrassing moments...
    Why is it gross or embarassing? It's just his penis, as Laura says, it's perfectly natural. The only remotely 'gross' part with Zack is when it drips if he's excited but I just tell him to clean it and he does, no problem. Zack's come out when he's really happy/excited or when he's really relaxed as others have said. I don't get the be deal over dealing with them - Zack's had his get stuck going back into it's sheath and I've had to sort him out...a friend took her boy to the vet for that *shakes head*

I'd be a lot more concerned about the humping too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast