How to upload pictures (from Photobucket)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to upload pictures (from Photobucket)

bbbbmom is offline Senior Member

Default How to upload pictures (from Photobucket)

NOTE FOR NEW MEMBERS WITH 6 POSTS OR LESS:

If you post photos, a link or an email address, your post wont be immediately visible. It will go into "moderated mode" until it can be approved by a moderator. This is an anti spam measure that had to be taken to keep the site free of junk from people who join up for the sole purpose of spamming us.

Your post will be checked & if genuine, will be cleared as soon as a moderator can approve it. That can take anywhere from 2 minutes to 12 hours depending on the time zones & who is on at the time.

Thanks for understanding.

Create a free account at www.photobucket.com.
    Click on "upload images and videos".
    Select the pictures from your computer to upload.
    Once that is done, click on the photo in Photobucket.
    Move your mouse near the top of the picture and you'll see a toolbar.
    First check the size at 100%. If that's really big, resize it.
    Next, click on "share", "get link code". Copy the line under "Share by email & IM (view on Photobucket website)".
    Paste this code right into your JL post. This will allow viewers to click on your link and go to your Photobucket account. Warning, they will be able to see other pictures in that album so you might want to designate an album just for your dog pictures.

As far as adding the pictures right into a post, I was having problems doing that so if anyone wants to chime in, I'll edit my post and we can sticky it.
    Last edited by Garth; 08-02-2011 at 08:48 PM.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Copy the IMG code. It is last in the box on the left corner. Click copy. It will come up in blue and say copied in yellow. Then paste here.

If it doesn't you can highlight it and copy and paste. From time to time it plays up so I do this.

Gems loving Erns.

This album is where I live.
    Last edited by kassabella; 02-24-2010 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Garth is offline Registered Users

Move your mouse near the top of the picture and you'll see a toolbar.
    First check the size at 100%. If that's really big, resize it.
    An easier way is to re-size it before you upload it it to PB. You can do that with MS picture manager or most other photo editing tools. Makes for quicker uploads too.

For best results, re-size it to 640x480 for landscape pics & 480X640 for portrait.
    Last edited by Garth; 04-06-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

Hey Garth ... maybe you can help me with a PB problem. Before a PB upgrade a couple months back, I could up load numerous pics from my hard drive all at one time. The new version doesn't have a bulk uploading feature that works like the old one. It indicates that you can use CONTROL for multiple image uploading but it doesn't work for me. Suggestions? By the way, we are premium members there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy_TX View Post
    Hey Garth ... maybe you can help me with a PB problem. Before a PB upgrade a couple months back, I could up load numerous pics from my hard drive all at one time. The new version doesn't have a bulk uploading feature that works like the old one. It indicates that you can use CONTROL for multiple image uploading but it doesn't work for me. Suggestions? By the way, we are premium members there.
    I'm not having any problems. These are the screens I get when I bulk upload:

First this one from the main page:

Click on "Bulk uploader" at the bottom. Takes you to this screen:

This seems to be where you're having problems. I works for me by holding down the Ctrl key. MAYBE the new updates aren't compatible with your browser or OS? Have you tried a different browser? I'm using the free version with Firefox but occasionally use IE too. My OS is Vista home premium.

After you've selected & uploaded the pics you want, the next screen should look like this:

Click on "Save & share now". If you don't want to share on FB, Myspace or Twitter, click on "Return to album" & your pics SHOULD be saved as normal.

Hope that helps.

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

Ok ... thanks for the reply.

When I click on bulk uploader it attempts to open our ENTIRE saved image favorites file that's in excess of 5000 images! Way too much data and I lock up.

DonCoryon is offline Member

I'm not sure if I am out of line here I'm new so please forgive if I am. I personally prefer Image Shack because you don't have to register.

Step one go to the web site. ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting

Click browse, select your image, click upload.

Copy one of the links to post in the forum. I recommended the code labeled "Forum Thumbnail".

I reccomend using forum thumbnail because it will be a smaller version of the picture in the post so pages load faster for users. Clicking the image makes it bigger.

Rae
    Rae is offline Member

I have tried numerous times this morning to get a profile picture through "my Pics" and through photobucket and it either says too big or invalid. HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    I have tried numerous times this morning to get a profile picture through "my Pics" and through photobucket and it either says too big or invalid. HELP!
    Have you tried this?

An easier way is to re-size it before you upload it it to PB. You can do that with MS picture manager or most other photo editing tools. Makes for quicker uploads too.

For best results, re-size it to 640x480 for landscape pics & 480X640 for portrait.

Rae
    Rae is offline Member

Still working on it. Trying to do exactly that but I am computer illiterate.

Thanks Garth

Rae

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast