Lab/Terrier Mix..? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lab/Terrier Mix..?

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Lab/Terrier Mix..?

I think she is more than a straight Lab to Pit Bull cross. There is definately some type of Bully breed in there - you can see it in the face. But her body shape doesn't really resemble that of a Lab or a Bully type though...it is more hound like.

MumtoEllie is offline Senior Member

One of my foster dogs was a lab/pit mix. He looked alot like Abbey.

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    I think she is more than a straight Lab to Pit Bull cross. There is definately some type of Bully breed in there - you can see it in the face. But her body shape doesn't really resemble that of a Lab or a Bully type though...it is more hound like.
    ah, but there are different strains of pitbulls.. some are more square and bully style, others leaner and svelte like Abby:

I'd say my best guess for abby would be lab x staffy or pitbull.

justine is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaytris
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    ah, but there are different strains of pitbulls.. some are more square and bully style, others leaner and svelte like Abby:

I'd say my best guess for abby would be lab x staffy or pitbull.
    Hmm I looked up some pictures of Lab x Pit Bull and Lab x Staffy and she kind of looks like some of both of the mixes..!

It will always be a mystery to me, but I love my baby girl and that's all that matters!

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kal3idoscope

It will always be a mystery to me, but I love my baby girl and that's all that matters!
    Absolutely! Abbey is a beautiful girl and looks very sweet.

Bella

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

In my opinion there is no doubt. She is a purebred Abbey. Done!

And if you love her and she loves you which I am sure you do, what difference does it make anyway?

Enjoy each other! That is all that is important.

I have had the opportunity to share the lives of purebreds and Heinz 57 breeds. They were all great dogs. And the best part of each was that they were mine.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I think she's pure beauty!
    "Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    I think you could very possibly drive yourself crazy with trying to figure out what's in there, and breed DNA tests suck because the parents have to be purebred (and on the list of breeds) for it to work, and that's not the case with most mix breeds. To be honest with you, if I had a dog who was an obvious mix of undetermined breed-age, I'd make up a name and call her that, and leave it at that. OR, use another animal breed and swear up ad down she's that when people ask. Something like, "Maine Coon" or "Arabian".
    I agree that she is probably some sort of lab/terrier mix, and extremely cute. I have a friend that has a dog that looks like a mix of Australian Shepard, Newfie and Lab (but she isn't sure at all). When people ask what kind of dog it is, she always says that she is a very rare Aussie Newfador. Some people know she is joking, but some people say, "That's what I thought . . . she is gorgeous." She has even had people ask if she is going to breed her . . .

You could take all of the breeds and make a new breed for Abby. A Pitshep Staffador perhaps . . .
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12