Just Labradors banner

Hello from Bellingham WA

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  elle.burns 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello from Bellingham Washington! I am Kevin and I am owned by two Borador rescues. A Borador is a Black Lab/Border Collie mix. Boradors are smaller than your typical Lab, 32 and 37 lbs fully grown for my two pups. They are smart as heck, coming from two of the most intelligent breeds. They can be very high energy...Border Collies are notoriously manic, but this is Offset by the sweet nature of the Lab.

My first boy is Quiggley, we believe he is 1 year old. He is 35 lbs of sheer energy. Smart as heck. Loves everybody. I adopted him from the Alternative Humane Society. He was a stray from Idaho, found wandering and infested with fleas and ticks. He went from homeless to riding in a private jet to Bellingham and living in a 3000 square ft house with an acre and a half yard...rags to riches! He is more Border Collie than Lab and has a bit of herding in him while playing with other dogs...,but never people.

Dog Dog breed Canidae Mammal Carnivore

My second is Suki...also a Borador. She is also, near as we can tell, about 1 year old. Suki is the more mellow of the two, sweet natured and a bit shy. She is a sweet, demure little girl...but once she knows you...you WILL be lick attacked! I adopted her in Decemner 2012 from a rescue who found her in a high kill shelter in San Bernardino CA...15 minutes from being euthanized. She was driven to Seattle and posted on Petfinder. I adopted her right away. She was initially very skittish and scared, but after a few weeks, she has settled down and become the mischievous one in the house.

Dog Dog breed Canidae Sporting Group Snout

Suki and Quiggley are now best of friends!

Vertebrate Dog Mammal Canidae Dog breed

Dog Canidae Dog breed Great dane Labrador retriever

See less See more
#7 ·
Yes, I did rescue them both. I can't fathom why anybody would abandon such sweet dogs...it is unfathomable.

#8 ·
Thanks. Bellingham is in WAshington State, in the USA, though I do hope to visit Australia some day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.