Just Labradors banner

Potomac results

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  threelabs 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Tatyana said:
I have a question. In chocolate bread by exhibitor, the first place is HUMOR Work of Art. Is it a typo? Is it supposed to be HUNTMOR Work of Art (Scotty's half-brother who is a chocolate and got a specialty win last year at Potomac)?
Must be. I'm guessing that name is too close to have been registerable to another chocolate labrador. Ain't it fun when 'family' does well and it's posted for all the world to see?

Niney's chocolate half-nephew :p was third today in 6-9 chocolate puppy dogs! HOORAY for Peyton! He's the darling-est little guy.

#11 ·
I'm so excited!!! We're getting ready to hit the road to go to the show and I'm extra excited because I've never been to a dog show of any kind ;D My mom didn't want to go all day but we should be there no later then noon (as i only live about 45min-1hr away) I'll let you all know how it was when I get back

#12 ·
Oh how cool! Jake's breeder is there with some of her guys and gals - and placing too :)

Now to show my inexperience: What is novice bitches? Is that for those who aren't puppies but don't yet have a Ch.? (that's what it would be in horses that is!) And how many points is each placing worth? Do you only gets points if you win the class?

Since we'll be living up there next year I'll definitely be going!

#15 ·
To answer an earlier post - yes, Buzz was there. It was a great show - if you ever get a chance to go there it is definately worth it.

Scoby showed very well and won Bred By chocolate. Actually Stacy was also showing another young chocolate boy that she had bred (but doesn't own) who was also very impressive.

The dog and ***** judges (from England) liked a more moderate dog and were putting up puppies that actually looked like puppies and the WD/RWD and WB/RWB were very much in shape and more moderate in type. The BOB judge, Betty Graham, also likes a bit more leg under her dogs and was putting up a more moderate dog. The dogs that received JAM's were not the same type of line up as last year.

Too many nice dogs to even attempt to list! Have to admit that the blacks were the nicest in type (as usual) then the chocolates and then yellows. Sally Bell had a very nice fox red dog and a very nice fox red puppy.

Going to an all breed show, even a large one, doesn't even compare to a speciality. The dogs are such a different type. As Carol Heidl pointed out during the Judges Seminar - the avg entry for an all breed show is mid to high 20's - the average entry for a specialty is over 500 - easy to see where you will see a more 'typey lab'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.