Just Labradors banner

Question about Potomac

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  krisinme 
#1 ·
Ok, clueless here. Is Potomac a Labrador specialty show? Is it the biggest in the country? What is so special about it? I'm just trying to learn. TIA.

G
#2 ·
It is a specialty and draws the largest entry of Labradors in the world never mind just the U.S. Close to 1000 each year. It's huge and all the biggies come from all over the country and Canada and sometimes abroad as well when a dog is imorted so it's a nice place to see a lot of dogs that one admires from afar. Also just placing in a class there or making the cut is a big deal. My friend has a puppy entered and she is black and 6 months old (all classes are divided by color at Potomac). Guess how many in just puppy ***** black 6 - 9 months? 47 lovely black lasses - yes 47! Winning that would be the equivalent of beating enough dogs for a 5 point major!!!!

Typically the National specialty of a given breed draws the largest entry and is the most prestigious show for them but not in Labradors. Potomac is truly a sight to see.

#3 ·
Last year was my first and only Potomac Ever. I am addicted. If I didn't have my litter to take care of I would be in a car right now. Maddie's class last year had an entry of 42. I believe 33 showed up. She was one of 10 that made the cut. This was the most incredible feeling in the world. I have never seen so many beautiful Labradors in one place and encourage anyone to attend. It is incredible!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.