Just Labradors banner

Photo at 4 months - Show Update

5K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  WigWag 
#1 ·
Well, we're getting to be a big girl... and big trouble! Jojo is like popcorn in hot oil, explosive and noisy, but she still charms our pants off. Tomorrow is her first specialty and the Crufts ***** winner will be there. I'll probably live to regret it, but the day should prove interesting... if not brilliant!!

Took this today - unfortunately the best photo was over-exposed - and just hope she will be as focused tomorrow.

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Photo at 4 months

OMG- she is absolutely beautiful!!! Wow.

I love that chest on her, and love her tail and topline!

Man, she should kick some serious @$$ tomorrow if all goes well. :D It must be a sweepstakes or ? I am still waiting for Monty to turn 6 months to get his first show in.

#10 ·
Re: Photo at 4 months

I am so not an expert in this department, but when I saw Jojo's picture my jaw dropped!!She is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.........how proud you must be! I can't wait to see future pictures her. I might have missed past posts regarding her lines, but where does she come from??? Just curious about her bloodlines. Good luck in the future, but I don't think luck will have anything to do with it!

Jan and Ruger

#13 ·
Well, here's Jojo's "catch of the day"... not bad for starters.

It was the Swiss Retriever Club's 25th Jubilee and, instead of their usual specialty with the 6 retriever breeds, they decided to extend their invitation to the Water Dogs. So there were 530 dogs entered. We won Best Baby Lab *****, then Best Baby of Breed (there was a nice 5 month old Dickendall Davaron Gambler daughter), then we had to wait until 6p.m. Jojo pranced into the big ring with all the Spaniels, the Lagotto, the Portuguese Water Dog, etc.. as if she owned the place. Anne Lilland from Norway (Licithas Labs) gave her Best Baby Puppy in Show (3-6 months)!!! What a thrill !!

A good day - Eeva Rautala (Wetten Labs) from Finland gave Toby Best Champion, Best Swissbred and CAC. The BOB went to the lovely ***** who won Crufts a couple of weeks ago, and she also won BIS... a good day for Labradors!

#15 ·
That's terrific!!! She certainly deserved it... Congratulations!!! :D

There's something about that little girl I just love... she looks so correct at her age, it isn't even funny! :)

#21 ·
Many thanks to you all - your words mean a lot to me.

We're trying not to get excited with this little madcap - she is only a little titch, the road ahead is very long and so much can still happen. And there will come a time when attitude will only be a small part... especially with the judges whose opinions I value.

Going home after the show, sitting on all the rosettes and pots, we realised that what we treasured most was the fact that she took it all in her stride... maybe it's more about enjoyment than winning! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.