Just Labradors banner

My puppy, Matilda

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  pluto 
#1 ·
Pretty crap photos(with the self timer) but here she is at 12 weeks............

See less See more
#8 ·
Kirsten - growing nice and steadily. Keep the photos coming.

"Matilda" brings us together in musical memories: down under, of course you have "Walzing Matilda" and we West Indians have our national "Matilda, she tek me money an' run Venezuela", made popular by Harry Belafonte.

However, "Teddie/Teddy" conjures up lots of guilt pangs with me. As far back as we can go in our family history, the eldest boy in our family wore that name (Edward aka Ted or Teddy) and my father was the eldest of seven boys. Having captained the WI cricket team to glory in the four corners of the planet, as well as being a world champ yachtsman, my grandfather's name carried a certain aura... and my father had ONE GIRL... and my name is not TEDDY. Talk about spoiling it for future generations!!! ;)

#13 ·
Kirsten - everyone knows Waltzing Matilda!!!

As my son isn't a Hoad, there was no point using the inherited initials of E.L.G. (BTW, the G stands for Goldsworthy and I understand you have a Goldsworthy mountain in Australia, named for another roaming Hoad!). At least our son was saved from lugging around a name like that! My grandfather captained the Windies team, my Dad played for the island but glasses put paid to his cricketing hopes... contact lenses didn't exist at the time. We had Manchester Terriers, Dachshunds, Fox Terriers and a Great Dane... and a stray Lab, until its owners found it.

Keeping my eye on Matilda.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.